Saturday, July 25, 2009

Flavor Explosion

022   

OK, fine… “explosion” might be a bit over the top…but this new flavor combo I put together is super-duper yummy!

This weekend away that I am on required no planning or contributions by me.  I just had to buy a plane ticket and pack a suitcase.  The cottage and all amenities are looked after.  You’d think I’d relax and take it, right?  Nah, I had to bake something to bring!!  I feel naked showing up to a party with nothing!!

So I broke out Tina’s trusty Oatmeal Raisin Bars recipe and put my mind to work figuring out what tasty ingredient combination I could use this time.  Looking to items on hand, I discovered that I still had just enough of a few things leftover from the Sticky Granola Bars I made last week.

I give you Cranberry Apricot Almond Oatmeal Bars.

Best.Combo.Yet.  Flavorific if I do say so myself!!

013

Take the original recipe and sub in half cup of dried cranberries and a half cup of chopped dried apricots instead of the raisins.  I also cut back about 1/4 cup of the oats to make room for some chopped roasted almonds.

This time I left out the white sugar, and instead added a generous squeeze of honey with the wet ingredients.  Since the dried fruits I chose are sweeter than the usual raisins I didn’t want to go overboard on the sugar.  Perfect.

024023

Here’s hoping my cottage companions think these are yum-o as I do!!

Pin It

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

unghhhh those look SO GOOD! feed me? haha.

hey wanna be one of my followers? my blog is so lonely :(

Unknown said...

They look great to me, I'm a big lover of anything with oats and dried fruit.