Friday, July 24, 2009

Guest Post: Bruschetta w Peppers & Boursin

I’m so excited to have my fabulous friend Ingmarie do a guest post for me while I’m away.  Ing is not a blogger, but she is a fellow foodie with an incredible pallet, love of cooking, and a new interest in photography.  One day I’ll get a fancy camera and have her teach me how to take really great food photos!

Ingmarie’s Bruschetta

I love appys. Maybe it’s because I know it means I am eating with friends or maybe it’s because I get to try a little of everything, but whatever it is I have always been a fan of appetizers. Of course these days when I am invited out there isn’t always a lot of spare time or spare money to put something together, so simple and easy appys are at the top of my list. Here is one of my new favorites.

(Adapted from Barefoot Contessa Back to Basics – Bruschetta with peppers and gorgonzola)

Ingredients

1 baguette, sliced

Olive oil

4 small or 3 large red and yellow bell peppers sliced into strips

¼ cup of basil, julienned

1 pkg Boursin cheese

Optional – 1 tsp sugar

peppers

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brush olive oil on sliced baguette. Arrange on sheet pan and toast in oven about 7-10 minutes until nice and crispy. Since I only have one sheet pan, I end up doing one round of bread and then putting in a second set when I’m ½ way through making the peppers.

baguette

Heat 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil in pan, add peppers and sauté until tender (about 15 minutes). Option here is to add the sugar and continue to sauté for another 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in basil and a little salt and pepper. The smell when the basil hits the heat of the pan always makes my mouth water.

basil

Smear a small amount of Boursin on each slice of baguette and top with pepper and basil mixture. When doing it in advance I bring all the ingredients separately and assemble just before serving so that the toast stays crispy. If making a day ahead I like to reheat the peppers in a pan and then add the basil and then combine.

I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I have.

Cheers,

~ Ingmarie

Pin It