Monday, July 20, 2009

Can this finally be Summer?

Day Two of glorious sunshine!  Yaaaieeeeee.  Loves it!

When my alarm went off this morning I had no trouble getting up because I could tell it was a beautiful day (might have been the sun blaring into my eyes through the crack in the curtains…).  Got into my shorts, grabbed my coffee, and headed straight for the front steps with my magazine.  Perfect way to start the day.

001

After getting my morning work out of the way, I was back out to the steps with my second cup of coffee and my breakfast.  A delicious cheese scone with sliced tomatoes. 

 004

My back was still killing me today though so I called in for an emergency chiropractor appointment.  I think it totally helped.  Things are still tender but he managed to figure out where it stemmed from so I think by tomorrow I should be OK.  I hope so because I don’t want to be lounging by the lake with back pain. :(

When I got back I pounded out some more work, then made lunch.  Rummaging through the fridge I found the makings for an awesome hot weather meal…salmon pasta salad.  

I mixed the leftover Smart macaroni with the extra salmon filet from last night, some red onion, some carrots, a dollop of light mayo, a squirt of grainy dijon, and a sprinkle of dill, sea salt, and pepper.

005

At the last minute I decided to stir in some baby spinach and a squirt of lemon.  Made enough for two servings…yum yum.

006

Onto the back deck I went.  With a POM spritzer and some Kashi crackers for the crunch factor.

007

A couple more hours of work, then back out to lay on the deck.  This time I laid out a blanket and some pillows so I could get the sun on my back.  Pretending I was at the beach I decided I needed a snack so broke into this little bag of Baked Old Dutch chips…deeeelish. 

022

I’ve also snacked my way through about 3/4 of this 1 pound box of local strawberries today.  They are just so good I can’t help but eat one (or 5!) every time I walk by.

013

After finishing work for the day, I went for a 20 minute walk around the neighborhood.  I will be so glad to go back to Booty Camp tomorrow night…this lack of real exercise since Wednesday is driving me batty.  Cross your fingers for my back!

Dinner had to be something light and simple.  Salad was on the menu for sure but I needed to cook up a chicken breast too.  There was no way I was turning the stove on, so back to the BBQ I went. 

Huge salad:  bagged romaine, tomatoes, cukes, red onion, yellow pepper, leftover grilled beets, Ranch dressing, a squirt of BBQ, grated organic old white cheddar.

024 027025 026 

Mixed all together, the flavors were perfect for a hot Summer day.

Now that it’s cooled down, I puttered in my little garden for a bit, cleaned the upstairs bathroom (including tub!), dusted upstairs, and vacuumed upstairs. Whew.  I rewarded myself with ice cream I bought at Planet Organic a couple of weeks ago.  Chocolate Peanut Buttery goodness…but had I noticed the nutritional information I probably wouldn’t have bought it…that calorie content is like double what normal run of the mill regular ice cream would be! 

029 030

Don’t forget I’m looking for guest posts.  Come out, come out wherever you are!  I want to hear from you!!

Pin It

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was so gorgeous out yesturday, figures its gray out this am. Your eats were perfectly Summer, yummy!

I'm trying to think of a guest post for you, any ideas? ;)

Angela Power said...

Yup yesterday was awesome! I wanted nothing more than to watch the ships sail out, but I had to come home and rest the ol' hip. It was so nice out!