Thursday, April 09, 2009

Snooze

I am soooooo not a morning person. I mean, I have no trouble getting up when I have to but give me a day where it's not imparative and I'll just keep on sleeping. When we went to bed last night I set my alarm an hour early so I could get up and head for the gym without interfering with my work day too much. I even set the coffee maker to brew an hour early. But....when the alarm went off this morning I just kept hitting snooze. I am the QUEEN of snooze. In fact, I hit snooze so many times today that I actually got up after I should have started work. Gah.

Are you a morning person?

So needless to say I'm going to have to cram some kind of workout into my day somewhere else. We have dinner plans with some very good friends tonight so there's no room for gyming it after work. Hmmmm. I think yoga and a walk might be in order. I'm on a mission. Especially since I have just realized that my gym is closed tomorrow for the Good Friday holiday....yikes....two days in a row without a gym workout!

In order to make up some time I drank my first cup of coffee while working my way through some emails and a couple of small work projects. Then I made breakfast which I ate while continuing to work (and maybe surfing the Bath & Body Works website....hehe...they ship in Canada now you know!). I've been meaning to use up the english muffins so I made a dual breakfast....one half savory / one half desserty.


FH told me it's possible to poach an egg in the microwave by just cracking one into a ramekin with a little water and cooking it for a minute or so. Well, I'm here to tell you that while he's right that it cooks, he's wrong that it poaches. And he failed to mention that it would pop and somewhat explode all over my microwave. Tasty but freaking messy. I'll be coming up with a new system next time for sure! It was still the perfect size for popping on top of half of an english muffin with a thin slice of ham. I just put some natural pb on the other muffin half for a breakfast dessert...and served with a couple of slices of juicy canteloupe to round things out. With my second cuppa coffee of course! (Although I do feel guilty drinking my Just Us! coffee from a Starbucks mug...sorry!)
Pin It

5 comments:

Pheonix said...

WAIT WAIT WAIT... did you say B&Bworks ships to CANADA?!?!?!? OOOOOOH HAPPY DAY!

*jumping up and down squeeling with glee*

SWEET PEA!!! I'm going to get me some SWEET PEA!!! OH goody goody goody goody goody goody gawrsh!

Jaime said...

I'm all about the Exotic Coconut (of which they hardly make anything anymore!) and the Warm Vanilla Sugar. Smells so good I could eat it.

Anonymous said...

To poach an egg in the microwave, you have to poke a few holes in the yolk with a fork. If you do it just on top of the egg, it shouldn't run and the yoke will still look intact. Then it shouldn't explode.

Randi said...

ha! I'm the opposite. If I HAVE to get up, I hit snooze a million times and them am late. But if it's a weekend or a day off and I can sleep in, I'm WIDE awake at the crack of dawn. I'm a morning person when it's a day full of fun, not work!

Julie said...

I am the super queen of the snooze button... Trust me It's so bad.
I set the alarm about two hours before I actually get out of bed, snoozing the whole way. On top of that, I have my time set about 30 minutes ahead of the "real" time.
I hate mornings!