Wednesday, April 08, 2009

I remembered!

No worries about not seeing the rest of my day...I know you were all waiting! :) It helps that FH went out for the evening and there's nothing on TV. I should be cleaning my office/preparing my taxes, but I've been putting that off for weeks (months!) so why start now?

Since my work day actually finished pretty much on time, I decided to head for the gym. Although the idea of a walk was enticing, the thought of a quick run enticed me more for some reason. I was a bit hungry because I really only had one normal meal today, so I chomped down 1/2 of a Larabar before heading to the gym.


At the gym I opted for cardio + abs + bum. My weekly plan has me set up for 45 minutes of cardio on Wednesdays but I'm going to have to change that. Wednesdays are just too busy for me to be fitting in a longer workout. I've been doing only 25 minutes of cardio and I think that's just fine.

Treadmill: I decided just to run as long as I could instead of doing planned intervals. 5 minute walking warmup, 10 (10!!) minute run, 1 minute walk, 4 minute walk, 5 minute cooldown.
That's a new milestone for me....the longest I've run since I started up again has been 6 minutes at a time. Weeeeee!
+ 1 minute plank / crunches x 15 / 30 second side plank / reverse crunches x 15 / 30 second other side plank / 30 second v-sit
+ full set of Eurydice's bum exercises (I can do them all now...my bumbone is almost healed!)

By the time I got home I was famished! I had been planning some sort of pasta & chicken, so I quickly pulled a few things from the pantry and fridge. What I ended up with was a yummy creamy tomato spaghettini with chicken & spinach. Deeeelish! The sauce was just a packaged alfredo sauce (made with skim milk and Olivina) mixed with a can of Italian seasoned tomatoes. I wilted in some spinach at the end and mixed it with Smart spaghettini and one chicken breast that I cubed and cooked up separately.





For dessert I couldn't resist the last of the Liberte Coconut yogurt. Just little enough left to enjoy straight from the tub with 1/2 banana and a handful of rice krisps cereal. I wanted some crunch without adding major calories. It totally did the trick. Yummmmmm.


After relaxing for a bit and giving myself a much needed quickie pedicure I still had the munchies, so I cracked open the leftover bag of Kettle Chips and served myself a bowl. A girl's gotta have something crunchy when she's surfing around the PVR for something to watch!
I love the PVR....I had a new episode of Cupid that I didn't even know about. It's a new show and I love it...hope it makes the cut and doesn't get cancelled just as I'm getting into it. I hate when that happens!
Pin It

4 comments:

Angela Power said...

It's Haaaaaard to keep a spoon out of the container of Liberte coconut yogurt and for me, ANY of the mediterranean flavours. I'm getting better now though because I've taken the advice from the IE book which has helped so much!

Anonymous said...

Hey there. I'm just wondering where you found the coconut liberte? It sounds AMAZING. I'm in NS too but I haven't seen this flavour yet.

Jaime said...

Planet Organic on Quinpool in Halifax.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much!