Friday, December 12, 2008

Lazy

Yup, that was me at the end of the day yesterday. I had a solid work day again, plus was working on laundry and household stuff throughout the day. At the end of the work day, I ended up cleaning out my fridge while putting dinner together (you know, digging out all the stuff you realize will go bad while you are away). Needless to say, there was no time for the gym....again. Sigh. I did enjoy a lazy night watching a DVD with DBF though, and I wouldn't trade that time for gym time at all (unless he was going to be around for more than a week!).

I guess I sort of turned my brain off last night. When he suggested cookies and tea I didn't even consider not having any. It was weird. Like I had gone back in time to when I would snack without thinking. I mean, I still snack when I shouldn't but I still know that I shouldn't be eating it and feel at least somewhat guilty. But last night when those cookies arrived I just ate them, enjoyed them, and didn't even really think about them until this morning. Weird. But yummy weird. :)

Dinner ended up being really yummy. The turkey burgers I thawed out looked freezer burned so I chose to use the chicken breasts instead. I had a bag of spinach that needed using, so I sauteed up a bunch of that with EVOO, s&p, and fresh garlic. I seasoned and baked the chicken in the oven until about 3/4 done, then topped with the spinach and some leftover spaghetti sauce and put it back in the oven until the sauce was hot & bubbly...then I topped it with grated cheddar and left it under the broiler to get all golden and yummy. Served with steamed brocolli & cauliflower and boiled baby potatoes. So good!!

I had a ton of broc & cauliflower left in the fridge that I didn't want to waste, so I chopped it all up and froze it. I did the same with the baby potatoes, except I cooked those first. I see some sort of potato chowder and creamy broccoli soup in the future!

Today I am getting my hair done at lunch (man, shorter hair requires A LOT more upkeep!)...needs a fresh cut for the holidays. After work we wanted to go to see The Nutcracker, but it's sold out tonight so we are opting for a casual date night instead...dinner out and then going to see Four Christmases. DBF's flight is at the crack of dawn tomorrow. Mine is on Sunday. No time AGAIN for the gym tonight, but I should be able to fit it in tomorrow between taking him to the airport and meeting the blog girls for lunch....I have so much to do!!

Today's eats:

- OJ (gotta drink it up!)
- instant oatmeal with 1/2 banana & 1 tbsp natural pb
- clementine
- grande coffee misto with egg nog (on way to hairdresser)
- leftover small portion of spaghetti
- pear (still haven't eaten that!)
- dinner out...Boston Pizza maybe...if so, mushrooms caps & spinach salad.
- decaf tea for the movies Pin It

4 comments:

Carolyn said...

Have a great time with DBF tonight! I honestly don't know how you do it, spending so much time apart. But it would make that time that you have together SO special. So enjoy!!!

The dinner sounds absolutely delicious!! I'm going to have to try that. YUM!!!!

Angela Power said...

Dude, if my hubby was away as much as DBF, I'd cherish every spare moment that I had and wouldn't worry about the gym because the gym is there any time :-)

Ya know what? I am due for a few cookies and tea/coffee myself! I'm gonne work that out one of these days! But I suppose having Indian tomorrow for lunch and methinks i'm going out for brekkie at coras with hubs that morning too, so I'll have to figure it out another day *sigh* Damn it will be great when I stop looking forward to the scale going down and just staying where I am! That said, I still am feeling ON my game lately and that is the best feeling! pheeew!

Jen said...

HAHAHAHA!!!!! YUMMY WIERD!!!! Seriously, I ♥ you!!!

I can't believe you are leaving for Christmas already!!!!! And that means you might not get my Christmas card :( blah...but you know what, you will get it when you get back and then it will be more of a "see you soon" card...with a holiday theme...

whatever.

eurydice said...

Wow... you are leaving so soon! I think tonight's date sounds great. I want to see Four Christmases but my bf thinks it's the stupidest.