Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Jetlagged

I'm feeling a little tired and headachey this morning. Probably due to some residual jetlag and sleeping in an unfamiliar bed. Hopefully it passes today.

Yesterday I didn't end up going out for coffee or lunch....too freaking windy and I was a little afraid of the sidewalk situation because of the shoes I have with me. So I made a cup of tea and ate a few of the egg nog almonds to get me through the day until dinner. Not so healthy at all. LOL. For dinner, my friend's hubby made us yummy perogies (and not the frozen Cheemo ones...he gets them from the polish deli) complete with polish sausage, sauteed cabbage and onions, and fat free organic sour cream. Delish. I had two big glasses of water too, which is amazing because I've been having trouble getting my water in lately. After dinner, her hubby dropped us off downtown and my friend and I went to the mall in search of boots. No luck. So we went to Starbucks instead, where I had a decaf grande non-fat Gingersnap latte with no whip. Yummy, but not as good as the full fat one DBF brought me last week. :) My friend had a big cookie (my fave, the 11 point chocolate chunk cookie that I can't get in Halifax) but I didn't even have a bite. I will have to at least share one with someone while I'm home though...I was drooling inside my head. LOL. Then we walked home....freaking cold and windy, but we're tough. haha.

This morning I've had a cup of pekoe tea and two of the little homemade raisin scones her hubby made while we were shopping (yup, her hubby is the cook AND the baker!). Yummy. I'm meeting a girlfriend for lunch...I think at this great little Mexican place for tasty little soft tacos. And I'm sure I'll grab an egg nog misto for my afternoon warm treat. Tonight is dinner and drinks out with some friends. I asked to hit up one of my fave little restaurants that makes this awesome chicken soup with rice dumplings. Amazing stuff. And they also make a wicked side salad (I know it's just salad but theirs hits the spot every time), so dinner will be healthy and I'll finally be getting some fresh veggies in. :) Probably after dinner drinks...maybe a Strongbow since I haven't had one from on-tap since May.

It's an action-packed day. I really need to get some proper exercise in soon though. This weather has impeded the massive amounts of walking I had planned on. Hmmmmm. Pin It

6 comments:

Marissa said...

I finally tried the gingersnap latte the other day...man, that thing is good!! I'm glad I waited until this late to try one.

Carolyn said...

Mmmmm all that talk of food is making me STARVING! Yum!! Sounds lik eyou are having a great time though and catching up with friends - always good.

I can't even imagine for one teeny weeny second that Scott would make or bake anything while I was out of the house...that is incomprehensible to me!

Vanessa said...

Wow, that supper sounds fantastic!

Hope you're feeling better soon :)

ElleBee said...

That's awesome that he cooks/bakes!!

Glad to hear you're having a good time so far!

Jen said...

It sounds like you are having so much fun!!!!

Boo to not finding boots though...that sucks!!

Angela Power said...

OMG an 11 POINT COOKIE! Holy frig! What do they put in that thing???! I feel the same about the M&M cookies at Subway....I LOVE them :-)

Sounds like friend's hubby is quite a catch!