Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Nutty

So last night's dinner was exactly what I wanted. I love that soup! and just as predicted, my salad was freaking delish. It has sunflower sprouts, which I love, and chickpeas and sunflower seeds and tomatoes that actually taste like tomatoes even in Winter and slices of english cuke....and their creamy lemon feta dressing is the best dressing ever. Yummmmm. :) Of course, we did manage to include a bowl of mixed fries (regular & sweet potato) with some yummy chipotle mayo and I had one Strongbow. :)

After dinner a few of the gang had some packing to do, so my girlfriend and I opted to hit up our favorite Starbucks (yes, I have issues) where I had just a decaf tall no-fat vanilla latte. I call it my dairy serving for the day. :)

Oh I forgot to mention that after my lunch I did stop for my Starbucks (so yes, that was Starbucks twice in one day) grande egg nog coffee misto and I ended up getting a fan-freaking-tastic apple fritter. I have started forgetting how much better some of the baked treats are at Victoria locations because nothing in the Halifax stores ever appeals to me. Probably a good thing!

Speaking of lunch, yesterday's was super yummy. There's this little tiny fresh Mexican place downtown, where you get 5 small fresh tacos for 5 bucks. It was there before I moved but because I lived in the boonies I rarely made it into town for lunch. They serve these little 3-4 inch fresh corn tortillas topped with meat (I had chicken) in their special seasoning, with salsa, cilantro and fresh lime wedges. They were out of guac yesterday but I didn't need it. Perfect little lunch.

Today I went with two slices of the Silver Hills 16 grain toast with schmears of natural PB and a cup of pekoe tea. My hosts have a bag of hazlenuts here so I thought I'd try a few and it seems as though they are somewhat candied and taste like apple cinnamon, so I had about 1/3 cup of those. For lunch I have my leftover chicken soup with two rice dumplings...can't wait!! I was going to toddle down the block for a coffee of some sort but it's been raining gross all morning and the snow has actually started up again since I've been typing (we're supposed to get another 15cm...blech....Victoria is so not prepared for this stuff!) so probably no coffee for me. Oh well.

Tonight I'm supposed to be hitting up Butchart Gardens with my girlfriends where we would walk around and check out the 12 Days of Xmas light vignets and then have a yummy decadent dinner at The Dining Room....but right now we are waiting to see how the weather goes. The Gardens are way out of town in a rural area that won't get plowed or anything so we may have to opt to stay in the city instead. Either way, dinner will be a splurge!

Has the snow started in Hali yet? Pin It

6 comments:

Jen said...

It sounds like you are having such a good time!!! (and eating such yummy food!!!)

Poor Victorians...I hope the weather warms up there soon!!!

Vanessa said...

Haha, you and your Starbucks :).

Have fun today!

ElleBee said...

That salad does sound amazing and yes, you're quite the starbucks whore :)

Hope you have fun tonight!!

It's snowy and freezing rain here. UGH.

Roxy said...

Sounds like you are having a fantastic vacation!

Carolyn said...

Hali is probably covered. We got over a foot yesterday! Yikes!

Sounds like you are having a fabulous time! Enjoy all the time with your girlfriends!

eurydice said...

i am so jealous that you are in victoria! i love it there!

and you have a serious sbux addiction!