Saturday, October 18, 2008

I opened the candy corn

Gah. I bought candy corn like two weeks ago (maybe more?) because I had an idea to use it for a decoration. I should've known better. For two weeks it's been taunting from it's little plastic container, but I was good. As long as it was closed I didn't have an issue.

So why did I open it yesterday? Cuz I was cranky and bored. Bad. Bad. Bad. And grabbing by the handful didn't help. Try counting that...not easy.

But..... you know what? I felt so crappy and guilty about it, that last night I got off my ass and went to the gym. Yup, at 8:00pm I could see that my cranky mood wasn't going away on it's own so I dragged myself out the door and to the gym. By the time I got there I only had about an hour and a half to work out, but I got in a full 45+ mins of cardio and two sets of squats, lunges, crunches, etc. Felt good and I'm proud of myself.

Still ate way too much yesterday, but sure don't feel near so guilty anymore.

And now....off to the gym again for a little cardio and my full strength training routine! Pin It

3 comments:

Vanessa said...

Good job going to the gym! Now take a tip from Marie: put the candy corn in a bag and staple the shit out of it!

Unknown said...

Good girl! I love that feeling where you think "Shit, I just screwed up" and then you suddenly get that wild surge of motivation to go to the gym and make up for whatever you ate. It doesn't happen very often, but when it does it's awesome! Congrats! (:

Julie said...

You have made a great choice going to the gym. Good for you!
I would have stayed home and finished the container telling myself it's better to finish now so I won't be tempted later. LOL