Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The Chickenburger

Yesterday was still a good day, but lunch ended up being a tiny cheeseburger, some fries and a small vanilla shake at The Chickenburger instead of the spinach salad. I had wanted to take Mom there, as it's just one of those places you should visit when in Halifax...and so we did. :)

DBF and I did go for a walk last night though, plus I eliminated a few snacks to help even things out. All in all, I'm pleased with the day.

Today I have a stupid work teleconference to prepare for (yes, you've been reading that a lot here...the new bosses are big on these), plus I have a chiro appointment this afternoon, so no gym for me. Hopefully we'll be able to get another walk in tonight though.

Today's menu....

- blueberry bran muffin, coffee, fresh canteloupe & strawberries
- lunch will be that spinach salad & pita with hummus from yesterday
- some sort of afternoon snack: All Bran bar maybe
- dinner is tacos! hard shells, extra lean beef, veggies, lotsa salsa, smidge of cheddar & light sour cream, small glass of skim milk
- after dinner maybe some yogurt or grapes or a couple of Lifestyle cookies or something

Oh, and just a minor note: on Monday night DBF went to the store for milk and asked if we wanted anything....I actually started out asking for Dairy Queen but he said he didn't want any so I decided not to either. Mom got a McFlurry anyway, and it didn't even phase me! Woooo! Pin It

7 comments:

Carolyn said...

Woohoo on avoiding the ice cream. That could have been bad!

It's such a great time of year for evening walks. I love Fall! Scott and I have been out for walks everynight and it's so nice to just walk, take in the gorgeous weather, talk and unwind after a long day. Guess we should enjoy it before the white stuff comes!

Jen said...

WOOOOOO!!!! That is awesome!!! I would have been thinking of something else I could get!!!

Angela Power said...

See how easily we can be swayed! It was like the other night when I went for yet another bowl of homemade chicken soup and he was like "are ya sure?" and it made me think twice!

Oh the chickenburger - it's been years! I keep telling my dad we'll go there on one of his visits.

Pheonix said...

Hooray for passing on the DQ!!!

Cat said...

Great job ditching the ice cream. I'm like that too, I don't want to be the only one eating Dairy Queen.....

ElleBee said...

It's funny, I've lived in NS my whole life and have never eaten at the Chicken Burger, weird huh? :)

tash said...

I love the Chickenburger!