Sunday, August 31, 2008

Weekend

Yesterday morning we got up at a reasonable hour....DBF made coffee...which was lovely as I haven't had him around to do that for over a month! We relaxed with our coffees and laid around for a bit while he caught up on a load of laundry and repacked his bag for his trip to visit his son.

We decided to go out for brunch since it was our only other meal together and since neither of us had any desire to cook. We hit up our favorite little diner close to home, where I had a breakfast clubhouse with pan fries and some more coffee. Bigger breaky than I would normally go for, but it was for breaky and lunch so it totally hit the spot.

After I dropped him at the airport for about 2:45 I headed back into town and hit up the gym. I did my Friday routine of hill intervals on the treadmill, followed by my strength training (since I didn't get to the gym on Friday...had to make up for it). Not quite as sweaty as usual, but still a good workout. My arm is still really bugging me...and will require a few more chiro trips...but it doesn't seem to affect my workout too much.

Then I stopped at the grocery store to stock up for the week. Lots of veggies, fruit, juice, some new edamame hummus, and a pack of sushi for dinner. Oh, and I found those new After Eight 90 cal Singels bars. Chocolate Mint can be my kryptonite....well, any of those snacky chocolate things can be...which is why I don't usually buy them...but I've been really in control lately so I thought I'd give them a go.

I had an Arthurs Berry Smoothie for my after-gym snack, then the sushi for dinner, and a bowl of Special K later in the evening. I felt snacky but stuck with grapes while watching a movie. :) (Notice I didn't eat any of the After Eight bars!) Came up short on my water for the day, but that seems to be the way it goes lately...I need to work on that.

Today, I got up late. I took a run over to Starbucks for a latte and came home to enjoy that while reading my book. I had an All Bran bar with it, but now I'm thinking I need an actual meal so I think I'll use up some veggies and make a small Greek salad. Dinner is going to be a new Rachel Ray recipe for a chicken & spinach casserole which I'll be able to portion out for the rest of the week.

Right now I'm waiting for a girl to come see one of our Kijiji items...but she's 45 minutes late so I think if she's not here by the time I eat my salad, I'll be adding some protein and hitting the gym. Tomorrow is a holiday and the gym is closed so I think I'll do extra cardio and a lighter, modified strength routine. The weather is still shitty so it's a good day to do indoor stuff.

Happy long weekend everyone!
Pin It

3 comments:

tash said...

Sounds like you are having a great weekend - and keeping on track with foor and exercise. Great job!

Pheonix said...

I agree... chocolate mint... it's almost as bad as chocolate and peanut butter... SIGH!

Vanessa said...

Sounds like a good weekend! I hate it when people are late/don't show up. I had the worst problem with no-shows when I was subletting my last apartment. Grr!