Saturday, August 30, 2008

Date Recap

Dinner was lovely. The restaurant was a little different than we expected, but still very nice. The food was excellent, our waiter was very attentive and knowledgable, the wine was perfect (we are picky and generally don' t agree!) and I didn't feel like I'd overindulged at all. Loved it.

We were smart and skipped the appetizers. I always feel obligated to order multiple courses at a nice restaurant, which is so silly because then I'm uncomfortable from eating too much. Instead we started with a drink and that hit the spot. Besides, they bring a basket of bread and breadsticks, plus a little veggie & dip plate...so cute!

It's a traditional European style steakhouse, so you order everything a la carte...which worked out perfectly because we could just share our side dishes. DBF had a dry-aged New York striploin which they cut to size right there at the restaurant. I had a local petite filet mignon. 6 oz is just perfect for me! :) He chose the truffled potatoes, and I chose tempura onion rings and asparagus two ways. Just the right amount of food...in fact, we didn't even finish the asparagus. Everything was super yummy....but the steak was definitely one of the best I've ever had. DBF rated his as in the top 10 for him, but remember he's from the prairies so he's had his fair share of good steaks over the years.

After dinner DBF let the waiter convince him to try a specialty Grand Marnier. I hate regular GM...I find it very harsh....but this one was made with some special fancy oranges and aged 15 years....I didn't try it, but it smelled fantastic. DBF ordered me the creme brulee as he could tell that I wanted it but wasn't going to order it...haha. I always have to try creme brulee at any good restaurant. Theirs wasn't the best, but I'd rate it top 5. (And yaaaieee for me, I stopped eating about 1/2 way through because I was full and didn't need anymore.)

We then walked a few blocks for an after dinner drinky-poo. Just one vodka-soda and then we decided we didn't feel like being in a hot, crowded restaurant so we came home.

A lovely evening for sure!

Pin It

3 comments:

ElleBee said...

Glad you had a wonderful evening out! It's nice to be served the "right" amount of food and not feel overly stuffed after a great meal.

I'm going to have to make reservations for CUT, sounds like a place both Jason & I would enjoy. :)

Vanessa said...

Sounds like a great night! Glad you had fun :).

tash said...

Sounds like a wonderful night out!