Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Tired Tuesday

So last night I fell a little off track at the very end of the day, but not too much so I'm not going to beat myself up for it. I mean, I did go to the gym in the morning AND did go for another lovely bike ride so I'm sure it all pretty much evened out.

Last night I also made a batch of blueberry muffins. I have been on a real blueberry kick and since I'm running low on snacky things I decided that it was a great idea. And boy was it ever...they are soooooooo yummy! I used the trusty Banana Bran Muffin recipe, but subbed in 1 1/2 cups of fresh blueberries and a big squirt of honey in place of the mashed banana. Added a bit of extra water to make up for the liquidity of the bananas. Worked like a charm. So good!

I wanted to go to the gym this morning, but the company I work for has been in the process of selling and it finally closed last night so I had lots of last minute stuff to get done today....plus I had the VW dealership picking me up at 10am to go get my car (was in for a broken window clip)....so unfortunately the gym had to take a backseat. I will try to go later today but I imagine work will get insane once all the West Coasters get up and realize everything we have to do for the transition.

I woke up super exhausted today. Partially because I stayed up a bit too late, but also because I had a very restless sleep. I hate that. My eyes feel like they are full of sand. I see a nap in my future (if I can sneak one in between work stuff).

Anyway, foodwise I have lots of yummy plans for the day. Had one of those fab muffins for breaky and am now enjoying my coffee. I'll follow up with another pluet (tastes like a plum to me!). Lunch will be eating up the last of the egg salad, but on crackers because I ran out of tortillas. Hummus and baby carrots for the afternoon snack. And I have another Rachel Ray recipe for dinner....Cuban Shrimp (basically prawns marinated with some paprika and other spices) which I'm going to put on top of salad. Then cottage cheese and maybe another muffin in the evening.

It's wet and disgusting today so probably no bike ride, but if it clears up I'll be out there tonight!

Pin It

7 comments:

Carolyn said...

Sounds like a fantastic day planned!
The bluberry muffins sound sooo good. I'm still quite addicted to the Chocobrans. I've made a batch every week since I got the recipe. Scott and I can't get enough of them. Yum!
It's rainy and gorss here too and I hate it!
What kind of VW do you have? Scott and I have been looking into getting one.

Anonymous said...

those muffs sound YUMMO.

Natalie said...

Tasty sounding muffins.

I hope you start feeling more awake soon. I felt like that yesterday. No sleep is no fun!

JavaChick said...

Now craving blueberry muffins. See baking in my future....

Healthy Pear said...

Your muffins sound sooo yummy!
My problem with baking is that I can't have just one.
Hope you're having a super day! :)

Marissa said...

Just caught up on your posts. You're in my thoughts.

Your blueberry muffins sound so yummy!!

Unknown said...

Mmm I LOVE muffins! And I'm so glad to hear you're doing better, hun. *hugs*