Monday, August 11, 2008

Keep on keeping on...

You will all be so proud of me! (Well I think so anyway!) I got up early, got a bit of work started, then put on my gear and went to the gym!

It wasn't the best workout ever....I still wasn't feeling it...but I did it, and that's what counts, right? I did a 25 min power walk with inclines on the treadmill, then 10 minutes face-paced on the elliptical. I was planning to do my strength training routine today, but the weight area was packed and I didn't feel like dealing with people. I did get in three full sets of tricep pulldowns and 100 varied crunches though so that's something!

As long as the weather holds I will also go for another bike ride tonight. Wisely, I left my bike in DBF's car so I don't have the excuse of not wanting to load it up.

I came home to a big bowl of Special K Vanilla Almond with vanilla Almond Breeze and my morning coffee. For lunch I just had another egg salad on a tortilla and I'm about to eat a pluet (cross between a plum and an apricot apparently). Dinner is leftovers from last night, but I'll probably make a salad too because it's not a lot of food. If I'm hungry between now and then, I'll crack open the hummus with some baby carrots. And for a snack tonight I have cottage cheese. Yum! Pin It

9 comments:

Cat said...

I am SO proud of you! I had one of those work outs yesterday, and even though I wasn't totally rocking it, it felt good to get out there...

Hope you have a wonderful day.

Natalie said...

Don't you love special K cereals? They are the highlight of my morning. I love Red Berries!

eurydice said...

Have you tried the cinnamon pecan cereal yet?

Jen said...

WOOOO! I agree I am proud of you too!!!

I love "forced" workouts...or at least the feeling afterwards...

I like that you aren't allowing yourself any excuses!

Julie said...

You are awesome!!! Way to go!
I am curious to see how you enjoyed your pluet??

I am proud of you, keep it going!

Amy said...

Look at us rockin' the gym after our brief hiatuses!

We are friggin awesome!

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you girl. :)

Pheonix said...

WOOHOO! Way to go girl! :) here's to a great week to follow!

Carolyn said...

I AM SO proud of you! Of course we are! The first day back on track is the hardest isn't it? But it sounds like you are rocking it and getting to the gym is the main part. I find that most times, just going to the gym (even if it wasn't a stellar workout) keeps me from making bad decisions later. I'll think....Well I could have this one cookie but then that 40 mins at the gym will have been for nothing!

I'm sending lots of happy thoughts your way darlin! Hope you have a fantastic day today!