Friday, August 01, 2008

So tired.

I'm exhausted. Don't know why I stayed up late last night...talking to my Mom about the dog and doing some puttering around the house. I always do that when I'm stressed...clean, bake, tidy...I'm such a girl. Then up early again to pick doggie up from overnight clinic and return him to our vet for day 3 of IV fluids. He needs to start eating dammit! Poor guy just can't seem to get better.

No gymbo for me this morning...just too poopered to really do anything functional. Hopefully I burn through some work and get an afternoon nap in....then maybe hit the gym before I go get Mojo this evening (hopefully to bring him home, not to take him to the overnight clinic again).

The lovely Miss Jennifer asked if I meal plan.... yup! For the most part anyway. I'm a shop-a-holic so I always have too much stuff in the house, so I at least plan each day in the morning...but if I have time I'll plan a week in advance....or at least a tenative plan anyway. Often (especially when DBF goes away) my plan is based on what needs to be used up. Generally it keeps me in line, and I have something to look forward to.

Today's plan is this....

- Bolthouse Berry Smoothie chugged from container
- Starbucks double tall no-fat vanilla latte (I deserved this today!)
- small ancient grains tortilla warmed with natural pb & honey
- Source ff lemon yogurt with raspberries
- another tortilla wrapped with light cream cheese, turkey & veggies
- cucumber slices
- strawberries
- I gotta tell ya there may likely be another trip to SB for some afternoon caffeine
- dinner is going to be a Smart Ones Santa Fe Beans & Rice....with salsa & light sour cream, and a handful of scoops.... plus salad if I have time.
- evening snacks are grapes & a pb Sweet n Salty bar (if I can wait that long!)

If I do find the energy for the gym, I think it's going to be mild cardio....treadmill and bike maybe...maybe a stint on the rowing machine. I'll let you know how it works out.




Pin It

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds awesome! :)

I tried to plan my menu today and then went downstairs to actually make breakfast and discovered I had no eggs... boo. :( 'Cause I've really been liking egg whites lately... so I'll hard-boil a few eggs and scoop the yolks out, then cut up the whites and put some salt and pepper on them. Yummy protein without the cholesterol and fat! :)

Tiffa said...

Hope your puppy feels better soon :( For me, there is nothing more stressful than a sick puppy (even though he technically is my Mom's dog and doesn't even live in the same province as me!)

tash said...

I notice you get the non-fat vanilla latte. Why not make it a Skinny? Than it would be what I drink :) Makes it only something like 90 calories.

Jaime said...

Skinny uses the sugar-free syrup and I hate that metallic aspartame taste.

tash said...

I never noticed the overly aspartame taste. I also dump in a lot of cinnamon and nutmeg so that may be why :) And I only have Starbucks maybe once a week (if that) so I don't mind the hit of aspartame :)

Julie said...

I hope your doggie is better real soon.

Zeolite said...

Oh man I am tired just reading everything you've done! It seems to me you don't eat enough for all of the activity you burn calories like mad! (Of course that I think that could be why I weigh too much! *big grin*

You've got some great material on your site. Would you consider stopping by the Be Naturally Well site and add a link? My readers would find your routine quite inspirational I bet.
The link is http://www.benaturallywell.com/blog/add-your-blog/

Many Blessings,
Shelley