Sunday, August 03, 2008

Depression Cocktail

That's what I'm calling it. The cocktail of junk food that I consume when I am depressed or otherwise emotionally exhausted.

Cheetos - salty carb group
Mike n Ikes - fruity candy group
Bridge Mix - chocolate satisfaction group

I make a little bowl of each and eat them until I have a tummy ache. It's a ridiculous ritual brought on over the years, but it's my ritual and aside from admitting it here I am not going to dwell on it. I'm soaking it down with a ton of water and will recover from it when the bag of Cheetos is empty.

What I really want is to slather it all in KFC gravy, but I'll hold off on that particular sodium disaster....for now. Pin It

3 comments:

tash said...

Depression eating for me consists of:

rippled regular chips
dill pickle dip
pepsi
a cigarette (i don't smoke but when I am really upset i like to for some reason)

*hugs*

Jaime said...

funny you should say that...I used to be a smoker and found that I didn't want to smoke hardly at all when I was upset. Now that I'm only a party smoker, the thought doesn't even cross my mind.

Oh, and ripple chips with french onion dip are another HUGE vice for me.

Alli said...

Mine depression/stress cocktail is:

Bojangles chicken tenders
Cheese fries
and Chocolate cake.