Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Too. Much. Information.

Yesterday's headache lingered most of the day. I just felt sluggish all day. Boooooo. Work was busy too so no workout for me. Lame. S'OK though cuz I was a good girl and got up this morning and repeated Monday's workout.

After dinner the headache finally went away, but in it's place I got an upset stomach. I have no idea why or what caused it, but let's just say I was spending more quality time on the toitie than I was on the couch. I felt fine otherwise but something was definitely unhappy in there. Still feels a little off....so I imagine this espresso I'm drinking probably wasn't the best idea. Guess I'll find out!

I ended up altering almost my whole menu yesterday. Still totally on track, but I just wasn't feeling what I'd planned. I skipped the peanuty chicken at lunch and opted for a huge bowl of chopped veggies with hummus instead. Then just had cottage cheese for an afternoon snack instead of the Scoops, salsa and Coke Zero. While grocery shopping I got hungry but instead of snacking or overshopping I got a bottle of that flavored water and that held me over until I got home to make dinner. (I'm sort of wondering if the sucralose in the water had something to do with my tummy....but Coke Zero doesn't do that to me....although that's aspartame....oh, who knows....I hate those chemicals but can't seem to break free of them completely.)

I did make chocobrans finally last night (I already had the oven on for dinner so figured I might as well get those going too). I made a dozen regular and a half dozen with banana added. Soooooo good with the banana. I will be making that a regular addition for sure. I want to try them with pumpkin or shredded zucchini next time. That would be freaking fantastic. (Although these could be what set off my evening spent in the can....not that I've ever had a problem with them before.)

Oh, and thanks to Amy posting about her zucchini boats again, I got a craving so made those with some chicken boobies for dinner last night and they were super yummy. I did them in the oven because it was to wet out for the BBQ. Brushed with olive oil, sprinkled with salt, pepper & a little garlic powder....topped with herbed goat cheese for serving. Fan-freaking-tastic. :) Served with a chicken boobie marinated in Newman's Own Italian dressing.

Here's how today is going down:

Exercise: got up early to drive DBF to work and hit the gym.

Treadmill: warmed up with a 4 minute incline walk...then 2 minute jogging/running intervals @ 3.5/4.5/5.5/6 repeated twice. Again I couldn't pull off the second set at 6, but I'm working on it. Cooled down for 3 minutes.

Then did my full strength training routine. There's a new exercise at the end of my routine for arms/back/abs that I'm making progress on. Monday I could only do 6 at a time...today I got through 2 sets of 12. Next time I'm hoping for 2 sets of 15....then eventually I can do 3 sets like the rest of my routine.

Menu:

- SB vanilla Doubleshot on Ice (I know, caffeine after a workout and upset tummy is stupid, but I'm an addict.)
- Liberte yogurt with blueberries
- 1/2 PC BM bagel with smidge of PB and honey
- salad with two tiny pieces of leftover peanuty chicken
- grapes
- Scoops with salsa if I'm hungry in the afternoon
- dinner is yummy BBQ steaks with sauteed mushrooms & onions, roasted baby gold potatoes, and brocolli.
- watermelon
- maybe a chocobran with a glass of skim milk if my tummy is OK

Ha, and as a side note.... I just Googled "chocobrans" to see if I could find where I had posted the recipe in the past and you guys will love this.... it only turns up 8 instances found... first 2 are Mousaroo, second 2 are me, then Amy, then Eurydice. Love it! (of course, turns out I never posted the recipe so I'll have to do that!) Pin It

5 comments:

Carolyn said...

I just spent the last 10 minutes at work trying to look up the chocobran recipe! It's no where to be found!! Although Eurydice did post a pic and they look soooo yummy!
Do you have it? Could you possibly e-mail it to me? carolyn.enman@gnb.ca I'd love to give them a try1
Congrats on the grocery store victory...that is the WORST place to be when you are hungry!
Hopefully you're feeling better as the day goes on!

Amy said...

Haha... chocobrans! Although I tend to call them Poocanos. Why you ask? Because I eat about 300 of them, and then I make a poo cano in the toitie!

I'm disgusting.

Carolyn said...

Oh, I just found it on Mandy's blog. Can't wait to try it out!

Jen said...

Brutal! Sorry to hear about your evening with the toitie (and I almost died at Amy's comment there!!!) - for me they usually, um, loosen things up...but not over and over again...okay, enough talk about that...

Um, what else is there to talk about now????

eurydice said...

hahahaha carolyn i just snatched that photo from the internet... hehehe.