Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Poor Puppy

I didn't get a chance to go to the gym last night. Our dog has just not been himself at all, so by the time I finished work yesterday I decided it was time for him to go to the vet. Poor guy....he won't eat and hardly drinks. Doctor thinks it could be anything from just a bacterial bug to cancer. He's back there today for some IV fluids. Hope he perks up!

My evening was all out of whack because of the vet visit, but I still had my honey-soy chicken for dinner and it was pretty good. I didn't cook a couple of the kabobs long enough, but that was OK because it was close enough to just pull off the skewers and re-grill for tonight. Because I ate so late, I was still hungry though so ended up having a bowl of Kashi Crunch after dinner.

This morning I was in a mad rush to get some work done before taking the boy in for his IV, so all I had for breaky was a granola bar. I did however go to the gym after I dropped him off since I was right there anyway and I needed to take my mind off of the possible bad news. I worked out without my iPod and I should really do it more often. I don't know why...maybe it's because I was working out some doggy aggression... but it was a great strength training session.

Now I have a ton of work to make sure I get done. My menu is whatever is handy at the time....

- Fibre Source granola bar
- lotsa water
- Chunky Prime Rib soup, with a piece of multigrain toast spread with light Laughing Cow
- grapes
- double tall vanilla no-fat latte
- All Bran bar
- leftover honey-soy chicken, steamed brocolli, and salad with chickpeas
- cherries
- homemade artichoke & spinach dip with cucumber slices when I get snacky later on
Pin It

4 comments:

Healthy Pear said...

Hope your pooch will be ok! Maybe he misses your husband being gone. Dogs can be funny that way.

Your eating plan looks really good. I love the idea of cucumber slices with a healthy dip for evening snacking!

Carolyn said...

Oh no! I hope puppy is ok. I feel so bad when animals get sick because they have no idea what's going on. I'm sure he's ok. Maybe he just ate something bad or something?? Stay positive. I'll be sending lots of good thoughts your way!

Been meaning to ask you, what's the recipe and point range on the homemade spinach dip?

Jaime said...

Mojo often misses his daddy, he's very sensitive...but this is something totally different unfortunately.

Julie said...

I hope your doggy gets better soon! It's no fun when they can't tell you what's wrong.