Monday, July 21, 2008

Monday Morning Meh

The good news is that the scale is showing 153.6. Whew. Back into my comfortable zone. I wasn't sure it would stick around after the weekend I had.

Actually, now that I think about it I guess it wasn't as bad as I thought. Friday night I opted for an appetizer quesadilla instead of the salad at Jack Astors. If I'm going to eat something for 15-20 points, it's not going to be freaking salad. :) It was good and cheesy. I didn't eat anything but a handful of my friend's Nibs at the movie (Mamma Mia was excellent by the way). I only had one drink at dinner, so I didn't feel bad when we went out for another drink after the movie. Worked out not too bad afterall.

Saturday morning I had fully intended to go to the gym, but DBF didn't get the email about waking me up when he got home (he had a 24 hour duty watch), so by the time I got up it was too late. We went for our weekend breakfast at our new favorite restaurant, then had errands to run. I had bacon, eggs, toast and hashbrowns...but it was OK because we didn't really eat for the rest of the day until dinner. I did drink far too much wine over the course of the evening, but such is life.

Yesterday I wasn't feeling much like eating, so stuck with orange juice and coffee to start. DBF did make breakfast so I ate a tiny portion of lean sausage and a few hashbrowns. I took myself shopping while the boys were watching F1...I succumbed to a box of Mike & Ikes but I figured the points would have been spent on lunch anyway so no big deal. I felt better after a latte later in the afternoon, then dinner of a tiny piece of leftover steak and some homemade pasta salad. In the evening I had a bowl of cereal. So although not the healthiest day ever, I think it was still actually OP.

This morning I DRAGGED myself to the gym after dropping DBF off (he's gone for three days...booooo). I actually had to convince myself to get out of the car and go in. The McD's was truly calling me and saying they had a sausage McMuffin with my name on it. But in the end I got myself into the gym and did my full workout. I treated myself to a triple Grande vanilla no-fat latte afterwards (saved 8 points and I'm just as satisfied, plus all caffeinated up!).

I'm not doing any shopping for the next two days so food will be whatever is on hand. Which is lots of stuff!

Today's menu....

- the yummmmy latte
- PC BM bagel with light Laughing Cow & tomato
- watermelon
- tomato & cucumber salad (marinated in light sour cream, dill, salt & pepper) tossed with spinach
- crackers with goat cheese & red pepper jelly
- grapes
- leftover corn on the cob, grilled lean sausage, small serving of homemade pasta salad
- evening snack to be determined Pin It

6 comments:

Alli said...

I am so the same way at restaurants... if a salad is goign to cost me the same # of points as a grilled chicken sandwhich I am going wiht the sandwhich.

eurydice said...

wow you've already been to the gym today.... good for you :)

Carolyn said...

You were an angel this weekend compared to me! Yuck. I'm disgusted with myself.

Took a lot of willpower to go to the gym instead of McD's so congrats! That is big! Monday morning are the worst eh? I'm dreading the gym after work!!

tash said...

I can't wait to see Mamma Mia!

Julie said...

I refuse to spend so many points on salad which in most cases in restaurants is only lettuce.
Sounds like you had a nice weekend.

Way to go for not stopping for the sausage mcmuffin. The gym is far better for you!LOL

carla said...

go YOU and resisting the call o'the arches!!!

Miz.