Monday, June 16, 2008

You go girl!

I walked the dog at lunch today....just as I used to do for a whole year, almost every day....and haven't done for like two months. Poor dog. I can't believe he hasn't mutinied on us yet. I mean, he's a house dog...but he loves walks and I basically cut him off cold turkey once I got into my gym groove. No more. I promise to take him out at least 3 times a week. It's good for him and it's good for me to get more exercise outside of the gym anyway. Doggy-walking love has returned!

My gym time ended up being really late today. I slept in this morning (of course) because I stayed up too late (well, and because I hate mornings). Work was too busy to sneak off for two hours. So evening came and I decided that rather than do the yard work, I'd better get my butt to the gym. All the way there I kept telling myself that evening workouts suck...which of course it would have had I continued to tell myself that...so I snapped out of it, and told myself to get in there and run like it was morning!! It worked!!

25 minutes of the highest intensity I could pull off on the cross-trainer....followed by 20 minutes of hill training on the treadmill at the highest speed I could maintain. Add to that my full strength training routine, and you have one poopered girl! But a good poopered.

The best part was that I was smart enough to prep my dinner before I left, so I had something to look forward to after my workout. Proteiny chicken goodness and crunchy, fresh slaw. Yum!!

Oh, and I broke my goal of 50km travelled during the Summer Challenge. 53.3km as of today!! Pin It

4 comments:

Carolyn said...

Sweet! You broke your Summer Challenge goal! You rock!

Good for you for getting out with the dog, part of me thinks we should get a dog just so it will get my butt moving during the week nights!

The workout sounds awesome!

Fatinah said...

wow - what a great workout.

Your dog will be so happy!!

I too have just started walking the dog again - we had so many days of rain in a row that poor puppy was sent just to the back yard. But, the sun is shinning again.....

carla said...

it is the seemingly little things like prepping the dinner before you go that make ALL THE DIFFERENCE for me.

MizFit

Jen said...

My dog is LOVING me (and the warm weather) right now!! Even just half an hour is nice to get out hey!!! I understand what you mean though, it's so easy to get stuck in a routine!!!

And AWESOME job for beating your goal!!! Almost a week early as well!!!

I find it really easy to talk myself into a sucky workout glad that you pulled yourself out of it!!!!