Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Let's try this again!

Yesterday was a total bust. Like, a bomb. Big time. Rollover from the weekend I guess, but I really have no excuse. I didn't go to the gym. I didn't walk the dog. I definitely didn't stick to the menu plan. In fact, I ate ALL of the treats at the movies (I bought two boxes of candy for me and DBF...but he didn't want his so I ate it) plus we shared a huge-ass root beer. And then....to top that....I ate like half a bag of chips when we got home. For no apparent reason, other than they were there and I was somewhat bored.

I HATE THAT.

So, today is a new day, right??

At least I chose to get up early and drive DBF to work. I haven't had the opportunity to do that much lately so I was all over it this time. At the gym by 7:20...woooooooooooooo!! Got in a good sweaty set of sprint intervals on the treadmill and an extra sweaty strength training session (and even got a couple of pointers from my trainer who just happened to be there). So now, I just need to hold on to this motivation and stay on my menu plan for today. DBF is working tonight so I'll have to find something to keep me busy and keep my mind off snacking and watching too much TV tonight. Hopefully the weather clears up, cuz it's wet and dismal right now.

The menu plan that I will stick to today:

- pre-gym: 1/2 Fibre Source granola bar
- post-gym: other 1/2
- coffee (NSV...stopped at Starbucks and ordered just a regular coffee...no latte!)
- 1% cottage cheese mixed with crushed pineapple
- leftover tossed salad with Newman's Italian dressing
- PC BM bagel with light Laughing Cow wedge & sliced tomato
- nectarine
- cheese string & baked Ritz crisps
- Coke Zero if I start to crave sweets
- 1 Greek chicken kabob, steamed baby carrots, cucumber salad (sliced mini cukes & red onions with light mayo, s&p)
- grapes
- either SmartPop or 100 cal pack organic cookies
- peppermint tea

approx 22 points out of 22 (not eating APs today to try to help make up for last night...) Pin It

5 comments:

JavaChick said...

Yes...Today is a new day!

Saw your comment over on my blog. If you get tomato plants from a nursery, they should be fairly well along. Just make sure you have large pots to put them in and a nice sunny location. I will say, my luck with grown tomatoes on the patio has been hit and miss - some varieties work well, some don't. But it doesn't hurt to try.

Carolyn said...

While hubby is working tonight, take the dog for a nice long walk!

a) Your pup will love you for it and
b) you need it after the snackfest at the movies

I guess Randi's brutally honest attitude is rubbing off on me.

You know you'll feel better though!

Cat said...

Hi!

Thanks for your comment today. I know, I'm just in a funk. Need to pull myself out of it.

The wedding is on Thetis Island, so apparently, I take the ferry to Nanaimo, and then drive to some little town called Chemanus (or something) and then take another ferry to Thetis Island. I've never been there, so it will be an adventure.

carla said...

it IS a new day.

and how was it?

is it so far?

better I hope REGARDLESS of food choices.

MizFit

tash said...

I hope you were able to keep busy all night!