Monday, April 14, 2008

Recipe - Chicken Cordon Bleu "Sorta"

Just for Alli! I made this up myself, but it turned out really good the first time, so hopefully this time around it works out the same!

I call it "sorta" because it's not breaded and I use havarti, so it's not exactly Cordon Bleu.

2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 slices low-fat ham (whatever you have around)
2 slices havarti cheese (I buy the pre-sliced stuff from the deli, buy light if you can get it)
grainy mustard (optional)
olive oil
Italian Seasoning
salt & pepper

One at a time, lay the chicken breasts between two pieces of plastic wrap, as flat as you can. If you have a meat mallet GREAT!, but if not use a rolling pin, and beat the living snot out of the poor chicken booby. :) Until it's as evenly pounded as you can get it. Repeat with the other chicken breast.

Lay the flattened boobies, bottom side up. Schmear a bit of mustard on them. Lay a piece of cheese & a piece of ham on each one. (You may have to do some trimming to fit it in...it's not a science!) Roll up and secure with toothpicks.

Cover a baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper (if you don't have it, then just spray the pan with cooking spray) and place the two roll-ups in the center of the pan. Drizzle with olive oil & sprinkle with the seasonings to taste. Rub them in a little with your fingers.

Bake in a 375 degree oven for about 12-15 minutes...until the outsides are looking browned a bit. Remove from oven and cover loosely with foil (not tight, just a little tent) and let stand about 5 minutes.

Enjoy!! (Oh, don't forget to remove the toothpicks when serving!) Pin It

6 comments:

JavaChick said...

That recipe looks good. Husband loves Havarti, we'll have to give it a try.

Christina said...

mmmmm that recipe sounds delicious, I will have to try it out. Thanks, maybe this weekend :)

Alli said...

Thank you!!! I am going to try that this week!

Cat said...

I totally laughed out loud while reading this post. Very creative!

I think I'll try this, tomorrow night!

ElleBee said...

That sounds yummy, defiantly gonna try it out!

Jaime said...

Cooking time may vary!! The chicken boobies I used last night were bigger than the first time I made them, so I had to cook them for about 20 minutes...with an extra 3 minute blast at 400 degrees.