Monday, April 21, 2008

The Cake

It's the same as "Diet Pop Cake"...just use Club Soda instead. Still no calories, but also no aspartame.

Mix one box of Betty Crocker French Vanilla cake mix with one can of Club Soda.
(I like to add half the can, then whisk...then the other half, and whisk some more...don't overmix, a bit lumpy is fine.)

Bake according to package directions.

This time I did it as one 9x13 cake, instead of cupcakes. I broiled it for the last 2 minutes to brown the top a bit. Worked like a charm.

All of these "diet" cakes are crumbly, but if you let them cool all the way, they turn out just fine.

(As I mentioned to Jennifer, I think I'm going to turn them pink next time...they just smell "pink" to me!) Pin It

5 comments:

Carolyn said...

Odd recipe but I think I'll try it! Do you know how many points thet are?

Jaime said...

Depends on how you cut it....but because the soda is zero calories, you only have to count the mix.

The mix I used was 170 cals for 1/12 of the box...but I got 15 good sized pieces out of my pan, so I called them 2+ points. You could easily go for 16 or 20 smaller pieces.

If I do cupcakes, I usually get 16.

Alli said...

My fav is lemon cake wiht diet sprite... then frost with the fat free cool whip and add lots and lots of fresh strawberries. OMG i want to go make one right now!! haha.

Randi said...

Cool recipe, thanks!

JavaChick said...

Hey, I like the sound of that. I've seen the instructions for the diet pop cakes before, but I can't stand aspartame so I've never tried it. I may give the club soda thing a try though.