Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Recipe Review - Pumpkin Penne

Last night I made Rachel Ray's Penne-Wise Pumpkin Pasta. I had a bunch of leftover canned pumpkin to use up, so I dug out October's magazine and found the recipe I knew I had seen. I checked with DBF to see if he was up for something different, and he agreed so I threw it together.

It's not bad. It's a good idea, but it was pretty bland. We didn't hate it or anything, it tasted fine...just boring. It won't be going into the "must have" file though, that's for sure.

It did make me confident to try other recipes involving pumpkin for a main course though. I noticed on her website that there are a whole slew of other recipes...one involving Italian sausage...so maybe some of them will be more interesting flavor-wise. Next time I open a can of pumpkin for baking, I'll have to give dinner another try.
Pin It

No comments: