Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Gym Recap

This week DBF's schedule is all over the place, so my plan for getting to the gym early because I'm driving him to work isn't quite working out. I am happy not to have to get up and drive all the way downtown and back....and it's good that I don't have to pick him up in the afternoons, but I was worried it would throw me off my game. But it didn't today! I set the alarm and only hit snooze once, and up I got. I was at the gym by 8:05. Yaaaieee me!

Today was my usual 20 minutes on the cross-trainer. 5 minute warm up, followed by sprint intervals for 15 minutes. Level 5, 30 seconds sprints @ 10mph, 1:30 minute recovery @ 5mph for 15 minutes. 3 minute cooldown.

Then my strength training routine @ 3 sets of 12. I have upped my weight by 10lbs on the seated row, the leg press, and the ab machine. Now I actually feel like I've worked out when I'm done.

I didn't have time for the bike today, but did my 3 sets of ball squats (of course!)...this time with the 10lb (I actually don't know the weight as it wasn't labelled, but it felt like 10lbs) bar over my shoulders.

I love how easily I've gotten into the routine. I can't wait for my trainer to give me a couple more exercises to add to the plan! Pin It

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

You are just kicking some serious butt at the gym lately aren't you! Sweet! Keep it up for the rest of the week