Monday, March 17, 2008

Gym Recap

I was a bit late getting there, but I went and I'm glad I did. Today was my typical cardio/strength training day.

5 min warm up on the cross trainer, followed by 20 minutes of sprint intervals. I tried to go one level higher and sprint for a full minute instead of 30 seconds, but that only lasted for a couple of sprints and then it was just too hard so I reverted back to level 5 and 30 second sprints. I did force one last full minute sprint at the end though. Then a 3 minute cooldown.

Then off to do my strength training. I've upped the weight for my leg press and the seated row. Much better! The tricep pulldown is my favorite, because it's such a basic exercise that starts out not feeling like much, but by the end of the third set you can really feel it!

10 minutes on the recumbant bike...I went for level 5 and kept my speed over 85 mph...even managed 2 minutes at over 100mph during a particularly good song. Completed with 3 minute cooldown. Then 3 sets of ball squats of course. :) Pin It

1 comment:

Jen said...

I LOVE the tricep pulldowns!!! The feel amazing!!!

You are doing SOOOOOO friggin awesome with all the gym work!!! Rock on!!!