Saturday, March 15, 2008

Gym Recap

I'm pretty proud of myself today. Yesterday was a much needed day off from the gym...my cold seems to be just that, only a cold (not a stupid sinus infection like I usually get)...and the day of rest has helped kick it in the butt. DBF had to work today, so I easily could have lounged around in bed but I still got myself up on time and went to the gym. I almost talked myself out of it because it started snowing while I was getting ready...but I just told myself that it was only an hour and that I could suck it up and drive home in whatever little bit of snow accumulated in that time. Yaieee me. I'm still congested, but it didn't stop me from powering through my sprint intervals. I'm so stoked!

I really wanted to try the Basic Ball & Step class this morning, but this cold has a strong enough hold that I don't want to stress my body out too much and make it drag on....so it will have to wait until next week.

I did:

Cross-Trainer: level 5 - 5 minute warm up, followed by sprint intervals of 30 seconds with 1:30 minute recoveries for 15 minutes, 3 minute cool down.

Strength Training Routine: 3 sets 12 reps

3 sets of ball squats

Stationary Bike: 10 mins at 85 mph, level 5, 3 minute cool down.

Hopefully the snowstorm doesn't make it so I can't drive out tomorrow. I'd like to try out the 1 hour Yoga Flow class in the morning..... Pin It

No comments: