Thursday, February 28, 2008

Dilemna

Well, the good news is that I didn't have that "empty" feeling last night, so didn't feel the need to oversnack.

The bad news is that I didn't get hardly any water in yesterday.

So, I guess the water is definitely the reason for the feeling. Not sure what I should do. I know my water intake doesn't really affect my weight loss/maintenance all that much because I've always fluctuated on how much water I drink...but I am really dehydrated and I can feel it in my skin, etc. Part of that is from the change in climate, but mainly it's from my lack of water. I think maybe my best bet is to introduce it slowly...rather than going from one glass per day to eight, maybe I'll try upping it by one or two glasses at a time to see if that helps to squash that ridiculous hollow feeling.

On another note, I had a revelation last night while watching TV. As long as the show was on I was fine. The minute a commercial came on and I wasn't caught up in the program, my mind immediately turned to food. How nuts is that?! Thankfully I was watching a recorded show, so I quickly forwarded through the commercials and got back to the storyline. Weird though. Pin It

3 comments:

Jen said...

Yeah, sometimes water fills me up and others it makes me hungry...I don't have a specific correlation between them ,BUT I agree with what you said, perhaps you should introduce it a small step at a time!!

I ALWAYS record/download my shows now because I am the EXACT same way!!!! (PLus, I spend less time in front of the tv that way too!! AND don't avoid doing things because I would miss a show...poor excuse!)

Mandy said...

I guess you have to just record EVERYTHING! :) Great observance of a habit though - it's so important to note when we have cravings, the easier to combat them when we fully understand them. You go girl!

healthy ashley said...

That happens to me TOO! I think it has a lot to do with the advertising- most of it is food! And ads are loder, so maybe it's like they're screaming: "EAT!"?