Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Chicken Breast stuffed w/ Ricotta, Spinach & Garlic

Well that was about the simplest recipe ever. Aside from the fact that I overcooked it (I always do that...I'm always worried it will be undercooked) it was a success.

I hollowed out a small skinless chicken breast (approx 3 oz.) with a pointy paring knife. Then filled it with a mixture of light ricotta, frozen spinach, roasted garlic and salt & pepper. I sprinkled the top with a bit more salt & pepper and some Italian seasoning . Baked it on a foil lined cookie sheet at 375...I'd recommend about 15 mins...I did about 20+ and it was too dry. To keep it as moist as I could, I wrapped the foil around it after I took it out of the oven and let it rest. Next time I might cook it in a foil pouch and open it up for the last 5 minutes.

Ricotta on it's own is pretty boring, but the addition of the roasted garlic was super yummy.
Pin It

5 comments:

Amy said...

Sounds delicious!!

I make a stuffed chicken with spinach, goat cheese and roasted red peppers. Its deeelicious! You should give it a try!

Jen said...

Oh yum yum yum!!!!!

I am so going to try it!!!

Jaime said...

Not a fan of red peppers, but I think goat cheese would be soooo much better than boring old ricotta!

Anonymous said...

mmmmmmm

That sounds so good.

Gonna have to try that next week.

Mom of Two Boys said...

That sounds like a good recipe... Nice and simple. I'm gonna try it! Thanks for sharing :-)