Monday, June 22, 2009

On the Glo Yoga Booty Preparedness

A couple of weeks ago I picked up a bottle of brown rice syrup after finding it at the grocery store just one day after reading about it on Oh She Glows.  I took this as a sign that I needed to make a batch of her On the Glo Granola Bars and see how they are.

Easy to make, yummy to eat!  I didn’t have raw sugar, so subbed in some demerera.  I also added pumpkin seeds because I was positive I’d seen them in the photos of her bars, but they weren’t in the recipe.

007003 005  011 

(Hint: line your tray with parchment paper…makes it exponentially easier to remove the whole slab when the time for cutting comes.)

Deeeelish.  I stacked them up and put them immediately in the freezer as I can see these being dangerous items to have in an easy-to-grab place. 

 012

As time ticked on this afternoon, I realized there was no way I was going to make it to the gym so I grabbed a Glo Bar for a late afternoon snack then worked right through until about 6pm.

021

When I finally finished for the day I was hungry again!  (Have I mentioned that I’m not so sure this hunger pang is an ulcer because it hasn’t gotten ANY better at all?!)  I snacked on the last of the Parmesan Riceworks and then quickly made dinner. Just leftovers thankfully.  I reheated some of the Bacon & Egg Pie in the oven and steamed up some fresh asparagus.  Easy peasy.

032 033

After dinner I enjoyed the last bit of organic coconut chocolate and now I’m just digesting for some lovely evening yoga.  If I can’t make it to the gym, then I think a gooooood stretch is in order to prepare for tomorrow night’s first Booty Camp Fitness class!  It’s gonna hurt!

031 Pin It

6 comments:

Angela Power said...

Okay lady, how about hooking a girl up with one of those bars! :-D

Nicci said...

Thats how I'm feeling tonight! Little time for the gym, so i'm doing so evening yoga to prepare for my cardio workout in the morning. have a great nite! glo bars look good. I think i'm finally going to try them too!

Sarah said...

Hi Jaime! I love your blog and ready daily.

I'm so tempted to make the Glo Bars...do you think I could sub sunflower seeds or something for the hemp seeds?

TIA, SASS

Jaime said...

Hi Sassy! Glad you are enjoying my blog. :) I would think you could easily sub in whatever seeds (or nuts for that matter) that you have on hand. Sunflower seeds would be tasty...just not quite as protein packed as hemp seeds.

FYI: hulled hemp seeds were easy to find at Bulk Barn, if you have one near you.

:)

Sarah said...

Yay! I live right beside one! Great idea.

Keep up the good work. oxo S

EatPrayLove said...

Hi there :)

Thanks for a great and informative blog. I was eyeing this bar so I can make it for quick and healthy afternoon snacks. It looks great. Can you share the recipe? Thanks.