Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Belated Birthday (to me!)

In between jobs and sleep I somehow found time to plan my birthday.  This year I decided to keep it simple by just going out for a lovely dinner with my sweetie, then having some friends over for a few drinks and some cake.

IMG_2564

Oh and no birthday is complete without a Sweet 16 from Cupcakes!

This year’s birthday dinner took place at Brasserie L’ecole.  We tried to go last year but the wait list was an hour and a half long.  We managed to sneak some seats at the bar right at the start of the dinner hour this time.

IMG_2565IMG_2566IMG_2567

French onion soup, mussels with fancy frites, warm lemon pudding cake, and perfect white wine chosen by the bartender for me.  It was all exactly what I wanted, and exactly as delicious as I had envisioned.

IMG_2559

On Saturday night we invited some folks out to the ‘burbs, where we enjoyed too many appetizers, a homemade cake built almost entirely of buttercream, and my own personal bottle of pink bubbly.

IMG_2601IMG_2615IMG_2607

My birthday prezzie to myself?  A fresh new do!  A little Autumn ombre to mix things up in my 37th year. 

IMG_2599

Oh hello bangs.  Happy birthday to me! :)

Pin It

2 comments:

Lady J said...

Sounds like a wonderful birthday sweetie, and 'I've grown accustomed to your bangs' over the past week. Love the colour.... xoxo

rusty61 said...

Happy birthday, Jaime! Sounds like a perfect celebration!