Sunday, July 29, 2012

Blueberry-Yogurt Freezer Pie

IMG_7954

Yet another Pinterest find.  A pie that ANYONE can make!  No baking required.  If you can stir and you have room in your freezer, you can make this!  Four ingredients really can’t lead you astray.

Frozen Blueberry Coconut Yogurt Pie from She Wears Many Hats.

IMG_7920IMG_7918IMG_7921IMG_7924

The mistake I made was stirring the blueberries into the yogurt instead of spreading them on top.  Ah well!  Still tasted the same I’m sure!

IMG_7932

I followed the ingredients for this pie as written for this first attempt, but I already have visions of switching out the vanilla yogurt for lemon or pineapple.  And switching up the berries for strawberries or blackberries.  Can’t you just taste it?!

IMG_7952

I found this version a wee bit too tart…freezing yogurt isn’t the same as frozen yogurt.  You definitely know you are eating yogurt.  Next time I’ll add a wee bit of something sweet…honey or the like.  Or use a sweeter yogurt.

IMG_7956

Aside from that though, this is a recipe worth keeping on hand for a easy and delicious warm weather dessert. 

Pin It

No comments: