Monday, May 14, 2012

At Home With Mom

IMG_0669

This weekend was all about my Mama!  Being that it was not only Mother’s Day yesterday, but also her birthday!  Happy Birthday, Mama!

Hilariously I only took a picture of her giant card and the traditional annual hanging basket I brought her.  One year we might actually take pictures of US! 

IMG_0631

While I let her sleep in yesterday morning I decided to take Chibi on another stroll around my childhood neighbourhood.  We have already walked around my old high school in the snow and last month we took a wander to the nearby mall so this time I decided to head for some nature and took in the Colliery Dam Park in Nanaimo. 

IMG_0658

When I was a kid we used to have to climb over a huge, scary fence and run through a field (we were sure there was a mean bull in there!) to get to the park from my house, but now the field is gone and houses have been built, and along with those houses came a proper pathway right to the entrance of the park.

IMG_0639

So much development has gone on in the area that I was not entirely sure what to expect at the park.  I’m happy to report that it’s still just as lush and beautiful as ever!  In fact, I don’t remember it being this nice when I was a kid! 

IMG_0634IMG_0635IMG_0642IMG_0646

In high school phys ed we occasionally had to run from the school to this park, through the trails and back down the other side.  We HATED the ‘Dam Run’.  After walking through it yesterday I now realize we had no idea what we were talking about!  It’s gorgeous.

IMG_0648IMG_0651

No trip down memory lane is complete without a trek through the school field.  The Dogwood trees are in bloom right now and I’m in love.

IMG_0661IMG_0632

Not a bad way to spend a gloriously sunny morning at home!

Pin It

1 comment:

Lady J said...

Beautiful photos Jaime, and you never appreciate the beauty around you when you're young, in school, and 'have to' do a run in P.E.

Thank you for my wonderful weekend and spoiling me once again sweetie. xox