Sunday, February 19, 2012

11 Things You Never Wanted to Know About Me

Happy weekend everyone!  Hope you all have lovely plans and that the weather is great wherever you are.  It has been raining cats and dogs here.  Ew.

It’s been forever since I participated in a blog survey.  Seems these things come and go but this one managed to grab some attention and it’s making the rounds of blogland.  The lovely Elizabeth on Tap tagged me so here I am sharing 11 Things you may not know about me…

goof

RULES:

  1. Post these rules.
  2. Post 11 random things about yourself.
  3. Answer the questions the person who tagged you set for you in their post.
  4. Tag 11 new people to participate.
  5. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
  6. Go to their blog and tell them you’ve tagged them.

Well, fine.  If you say so!

Eleven Random Things About Little Ol’ Me:

  1. I’ve had my kitty, Mr. Stoop, for 17 years.  He’s my rock.
  2. His name is Mr. Stoop because apparently a 19 year old me wasn’t bright enough to change the name he came with…Stupid.
  3. I don’t have a microwave or a dishwasher and generally don’t miss either.
  4. When asked what my favourite colour is I can never decide.  Blue and green are my likeliest choices but pink has it’s place too!
  5. When I was 10 years old my Mom made me sign up for the community softball team.  At our first practice I got smashed in the mouth with the ball.  I had a retainer.  My tongue has never been the same.
  6. I don’t really work in my PJs although it’s tempting because I work at home.
  7. The reason I’m always whining about being broke is because the great contract job I’ve had for six years got cut back and I haven’t been able to find anything to supplement the missing income.
  8. My favourite restaurant dessert is crème brulee.  I can almost never pass it up.
  9. Having said that, my favourite baked goodie at home is chocolate chip cookies.  Again, I can’t pass them up.
  10. Recently I’ve become more of a beer girl than a wine girl.  Especially yummy specialty microbrews. 
  11. I secretly stalk Pinterest hoping people have pinned things from my blog.  Hint Hint!

  Stoopy_0018

Here are Elizabeth’s 11 questions and my answers:

  1. If you could pick your theme song, what would it be? I’ve thought about this for a week and have NO IDEA!
  2. What is your favorite local restaurant? Oh lordy, there’s so many. For sake of brevity how’s about I pick Ferris’ Grill as my fave casual spot, and Ulla as my fave special occasion place.
  3. What day of the week were you born? Saturday.
  4. Tea or coffee? Coffee, always coffee.
  5. Pants or skirts? Sadly, pants are just more practical for daily wear.
  6. Where would you go on your ideal vacation? Lately I’m coveting the idea of a cruise leaving from New Orleans.
  7. What’s your favorite day of the week? Sunday. It’s the one day that I really get to relax without chores, workouts, or anything pressing.
  8. Are you an early bird or a night owl? Night owl for shizzle.
  9. What is your favorite sport to watch? Hockey obviously. Go Canucks!
  10. Do you have a secret talent? Only if whining is a talent.  Oh wait, that’s not hidden.
  11. What is your go-to workout song? Recently, Moves Like Jagger…but I always recommend Here It Goes Again by OK-Go!

I choose to tag some of my Canadian blogger buddies:  

Amy from Amy’s Quest, Heidi from The Balance Project, Scott from Your Inner Skinny, Meg from A Dash of Meg, Lisa from Smores N More, Karen from Toronto Girl West, Amber at The Girl With the Red Hair, Jess at Truly Into Fitness, Tamara at Once Last Kick, Cali at Supercalifragilistic, and Kirsty at I Am the New Me.

Phewwwww.  That was hard!!

image

And to finish this all off, here are my questions for my tagged friends:

  1. Black or white?
  2. Day or night?
  3. Spring or Fall?
  4. Bacon or ham?
  5. Scrambled or over-easy?
  6. Vanilla latte or black coffee?
  7. Dogs or cats?
  8. Attached or single?
  9. Beer or wine?
  10. iPhone or Android?
  11. Fruit or veggies?

Get cracking kids, and get creative! 

[source]

Thanks for reading this crazy long post!  Hope you learned a little something more than you knew before.  And as always thanks for your bloggie support!!!  Luv to you all!

Pin It

6 comments:

sarah said...

Your cat is too cute!! I remember the pictures from when you were moving and I was amazed at how he didn't mind riding in the car with you.

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed your random things! Your cat looks so much like my cat, who is about 16.

I would find it hard to think of a theme song, too!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the tag sweetheart :) I really appreciate it! I love answering questions, but never know if people actually want to read about me!? HAHA!?

Anyways, I really liked reading about YOU XOXO

We are so opposite in some ways, but similar in the other :)

Moves like jagger is definitely my workout song of choice right now, but I am SO not a night owl ;)

Anonymous said...

Okay, Okay, I usually hate these things, but I participated.

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I'm going to participate :) Thanks for tagging MOI.

Anonymous said...

Thanks sooo much for tagging me! :) Ill get on it!