Monday, August 01, 2011

Rewind: Friday

IMG_0231

Friday ended up being a bit of a gong show.  The morning started off as planned…rise and shine nice and early, walk the doggies, coffee with Michael, and settling in for a nice morning of work on my laptop surrounded by the dogs.

Friday_morning_collageIMG_0235

Before packing up my stuff for the day I even found time to walk the dogs again and leave Michael a baked treat for his weekend.

IMG_1832

Of course I stole two of the cookies for the road.

IMG_1835

So glad I stole those cookies because after leaving his house to head up island to my Mom’s I made a wrong decision as far as which route to take and wound up stuck in long weekend traffic for over an hour.  I was starting to worry I was cooking poor Chibi it was sooooo hot in the car…and my AC picked right then to crap out.  Booooooo.

We finally hit the highway and got moving but I still decided to stop at the Malahat viewpoint for some fresh air and to let Chibi do some business.

Malahat_view_collage

And then we powered through for the next 1.25 hours to Mom’s house where I demanded immediate sustenance.  Hello Greek yogurt and berries!

IMG_1851

Earlier in the week I had asked Mom if we could skip our usual ‘girl’s-night-in Chinese take-out’ and eat a healthy dinner so she stocked up on lemon chicken, new potatoes and salad fixin’s. 

Friday_dinner_collage

Mama grilled the chicken and boiled the spuds while I compiled the bigass salad full of mixed greens, cukes, tomatoes, green onions & cheddar.

After dinner she surprised me with an ice creamy treat!  The infamous Magnum ice cream bars.  nom nom.

IMG_1861

Quite deeeelish but you won’t catch me coughing up my hard earned piddly paycheque for these.  I’m not entirely sure how they decide ice cream prices but sometimes it’s a little crazy.

IMG_1862

After dinner we settled in for a cozy night in the living room with a movie and the doggies.  Mom’s new little man Buster is quite a cuddler.  I asked him to teach Chibi a few cuddling skills.

IMG_1871

I promptly fell asleep 30 minutes into our movie, so now I’ll never know what happened to poor Jake Gyllenhaal.  Sad.

Pin It

No comments: