Thursday, July 28, 2011

Thoughtful Date

IMG_1809

Hot coffee.  Hot toast.  At least I served it on a different plate today.

IMG_1806

I may have to abandon bananas for the season though.  The retched fruit flies are starting to make appearances.  Blech.

Lunch involved a “what’s left in ma fridge” kind of salad.

IMG_1811IMG_1813

In the little silver bowl:  red leaf lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, chickpeas, white cheddar, EVOO and balsamic.

Crackers and Laughing Cow to complete the meal.

IMG_1810

Finally an iced coffee kind of day!

IMG_1814

After work Michael picked me up on the motorcycle and we headed down to the waterfront for a sunny dinner on the patio at Flying Otter Grill.

IMG_0220

I ordered a fruity Ephemere beer while Michael opted for something a little more adventurous…a beer cocktail!  It sounds weird but was quite delicious!

Espresso Brown - Van Gogh Espresso Vodka, white cacao liqueur with Sleeman Honey Brown Lager over ice.

IMG_0219

I’m such a dork that I was totally excited when Michael suggested 1) we order a salad (!!) and 2) we share our meals.  Yes please!

IMG_0223

Blackened Salmon Wrap with fries and Mango Shrimp Salad.  I’ve had the wrap before and it’s always tasty but I was pretty in love with the salad.  We had to fight over the mango dressing drenched prawns for sure!

IMG_0222

Back at my place my Creamy Citrus Tart got another thumbs up review.  I had a sliver and sent the remainder home with the man to share with his bro & sis (or you know, secretly keep all for himself).

IMG_1815IMG_1816

Another day sticking to plan even if dinner’s calories were damn near impossible to track.  I did however miss one item on my to-do list…booking a massage appointment that Michael gifted to me.  (I took care of it first thing today though!!)

IMG_1817

Clearly he’s figuring out how to put me in a good mood. ;)

Pin It

No comments: