Friday, July 29, 2011

Snicker Snack

IMG_1818

Thursday morning.  Coffee and the most original breakfast ever. Smile  Actually, it seems I’ve inspired a whole bunch of you to pick up some Squirrelly Bread and get on board the PB & banana train. 

IMG_1819

After walking the pupper around the park and back I started rummaging around the fridge for lunch.  Turns out I had just enough of everything to make one last salad before the weekend.

IMG_1820

Getting Greek-ish in the big silver bowl: red leaf lettuce, tomatoes, yellow pepper, light feta, kalamata olives, EVOO and some seasoning.

Keeping with the theme I baked off a couple of frozen spanakopita and dipped it all in tzatziki.

IMG_1822IMG_1823IMG_1824

Perrier time!  (Funny: I brought the remainder of this bottle to Michael’s.  It was sitting on the shelf beside the hot tub when a gust of wind blew it right into the tub.  Boooo.)

IMG_1825

Afternoon snackypoo.  Bigass, juicy BC cherries.

IMG_1826

Even though I had no idea what dinner would be all about I still maintained my list.  It still helps me to pay attention to what I’m stuffing in my face.

IMG_1828

Due to after work errands and weekend packing I was absolutely starving and knew dinner was still an hour or two away so I grabbed this Almond Snickers and enjoyed every bite!

IMG_1831

In order to facilitate heading out of town easier on the Friday before the long weekend I opted to stay at Michael’s and work from my laptop this morning.  (He lives out of downtown, which can save an hour in traffic on a busy day.)

Dinner was a reheat of a dinner his sister made for the family earlier in the week.  Chicken cacciatore, spaghetti and carrots.  Nothing like a heat and ignore meal!

IMG_0224

We popped it in the oven, took the dog’s to the park, had a soak in the hot tub, then came in to enjoy dinner in our jammies.  Smile  I ended up giving Michael one of my pieces of chicken so I wouldn’t be too full for dessert.

IMG_0226

Because we all know I’m not turning down homemade pie and ice cream!

IMG_0227

Cherries picked from right out in the yard.  Rainier cherries actually.  Pie made by one of Michael’s coworkers.  Holy yum.

IMG_0228

OK, I’ve been slacking all morning here working with my laptop and dogs on the comfy couch.  Time to get it together and get on the road.  Next stop: Mom’s house.

Pin It

1 comment:

Roz @ weightingfor50 said...

Love the description of the BC cherries....they're bigass indeed! Have a gerat weekend!