Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Paper Calories

IMG_1754

So ya.  The weather was so deliciously nice this weekend that I let it convince me to buy coffee specific to the iced variety.  Then come Monday morning our crap weather came back.  For the record: this makes fine hot coffee too.

IMG_1756

The worst thing a food blogger can do is fall in love with a meal and repeat it daily.  Sorry kids.  Squirrelly toast with PB & nanner.  AGAIN.

IMG_1757

In an effort to kickstart some semblance of a healthy diet over here I planned a very low calorie day using up some of the nutritious stuff I have on hand around here.  Hence yogurt, granola and a whack of blueberries for lunch.

IMG_1758

If you see this amazing grapefruit Perrier on sale, please email/tweet me immediately.  I think I know where my daily Starbucks allowance is about to go.

Snackypoo:  Rosemary & Olive Oil Triscuits (where have you been all my life?!?) with light Laughing Cow and TJ’s artichokey stuff.

IMG_1759

What happens when you eat non-fat yogurt and blueberries for lunch?  Oh yeah, you are starving by 5:15.  Leftovers to the rescue.

IMG_1763

Greek Pasta Salad bumped up with chickpeas for proteiny goodness and tzatziki for creamy deliciousness.

IMG_1766

Evening snackeroo…fresh shucked peas (with matching napkin).  They kept my hands busy the same way popcorn/gummy bears/M&Ms would, but didn’t kill my ever present evening sweet tooth.

IMG_1775

But that’s what 70 calorie blue Creamsicles are for, right?  Riiiight.

IMG_1776

Keepin’ it real on paper, yo.  Every time I try to track my menus online with MyFitnessPal or something similar I get irritated at how long it takes me to input everything.  For the most part I can guesstimate calories myself and slap out a hand written meal plan in under 5 minutes.

IMG_1785

Overestimation is my friend.  Keeping it simple is my sanity. 

I tried out this cool app Michael told me about when I hit the hay last night.  Sleep Cycle.  It helps show sleep patterns, etc and includes an alarm (which eventually will become intuitive to your natural waking time).

IMG_1778

What I realized though is that they tell you to keep your iThing plugged in for a reason.  This app killed my battery overnight.  What sucks is iTouch doesn’t come with an AC adaptor…so keep it plugged in can’t happen.  I may have just wasted 99 cents.  Bugger.

On a bright note: my insomnia hasn’t been so bad lately. *knock wood*

Pin It

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMGG anything under 1200 is a starvation diet, why are you eating so little? That is so unhealthy :(, I looked up to you as a healthy person...

Jaime said...

Alisha: I appreciate your concern but you can relax. As I mentioned this was a one day kickstart to get me into a healthier mode. I've been way over eating and sometimes a day of strict diet helps get me back on track. You can see very clearly here that I ate plenty of food for the day and those calorie counts were a low estimation. The goal was to stick to my plan and not cave to major unplanned snacking...I succeeded! :)

Jessie said...

http://www.amazon.ca/Skque-APPLE-ITOUCH-CHARGER-ADAPTER/dp/B004BJ5HSQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1311780960&sr=1-1

I bought one similar, cheap but gets the job done!

Roz @ weightingfor50 said...

Blue creamcicles??? Who knew those existed??? (not me!) Are they good? (and I hear you about the grapefruit perrier and rosemary triscuits...both so yummy) Have a great day Jamie!