Sunday, July 03, 2011

Canada Day, Victoria

IMG_1238

The sun decided to make an appearance for Canada Day!  I worked extra hard Thursday night so I could take some time off work on Friday to cruise the downtown events.

Chibi and I slept in, did a couple of work tasks, caffeinated, and loaded up on snacks and water for our day.

IMG_0014

First up… meeting Baby Penny!

IMG_1223

I met up downtown with my friend Charmaine then we met up with Mike and Angela to meet their little Penelope.

IMG_1221

Chibi wasn’t sure what to make of the wee bundle.  :)

IMG_1225

We hung out until Penny got hungry.  Crying babies promptly get returned to their Mommies!  ha.  Mike and Angela carried on with their day while Charmaine and I wandered around the waterfront checking out the Canada Day festivities.

IMG_1231IMG_1233

Of course the first thing I did was eat. Greek Gyros thankyouverymuch.

IMG_1236

Inner Harbour…

IMG_1239IMG_1243IMG_1247

Legislature lawn and main stage…

IMG_1252

Krispy Kremes!  What?  It was for charity you know!!

IMG_1279

Apparently it was also Vulcan Day here in Victoria.

IMG_1257

Chibi was a crowd pleasing superstar.  We should have put a tip cup out for her…I spent half my day explaining that she’s supposed to be naked.

IMG_1271

This time last year I was on route from Halifax and spent Canada Day cruising the Beaches of Toronto with Mousearoo (sporting the exact same outfit).  Eh!

IMG_0017

After a few hours Charmaine and I went our separate ways so I could bring Chibi home and get ready for the evening’s adventures in fireworks…which included views of the city from 19 stories up!!!  (Stay tuned.)

IMG_0078

Happy Birthday Canada!!!

Pin It

No comments: