Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Here Fishie Fishie

Typical of me, I didn’t get around to blogging on Friday night.  Or Saturday.  Or Sunday for that matter.  Sue me, I like to hide my bad weekend food choices and enjoy my personal space sans computer.

But you do need to see this quick, rich and delicious dinner I threw together for myself before heading out Friday evening. 

IMG_1103

On a whim I purchased a piece of fresh halibut from the fish counter.  I really had no idea how I planned to cook it but for some reason I had capers on the brain.

IMG_1092

So I did a quick Google search for caper sauce…took a few random ideas…and came up with a simple butter sauce that turned out super deeeeelish.

IMG_1091IMG_1094

Ingredients:  (adjust amounts based on size of fish filet…mine was about 250 grams…2 servings)

  • squeeze of lemon juice
  • sprinkle of dill (I used dried but fresh would be perfection)
  • fresh pepper & coarse salt
  • 3 tbsp butter, room temp
  • 2 tbsp diced onion
  • 1 tbsp capers
  • 1 tbsp minced fresh parsley

IMG_1090

Directions:

  • Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Pat fish dry with paper towel.  Sprinkle with lemon, dill and wee pinch of coarse salt.  Let stand while preparing butter mixture.
  • Mix butter, onion, capers, parsley and ground pepper together.
  • Place fish on a sprayed sheet of tin foil.  Top with butter mixture, pressing down lightly with fork for coverage.  Close up foil creating a loose packet…don’t squish the butter.  Place packet on baking sheet and cook for 15 minutes.
  • Open foil packet carefully to retain buttery liquid gold.  Plate the fish then spoon as much sauce as you would like over the fish.

IMG_1096

  • Sprinkle with more fresh parsley. Serve with lemon wedge if desired.

  IMG_1098

Serving suggestion:  Place warm fish on bed of fresh baby spinach, then drizzle sauce all over.  Wilted spinach = delicious.

I paired my halibut with roasted veggies which cooked easily on a second baking sheet placed in the oven along with the fish dish. 

IMG_1101IMG_1100

Pin It

1 comment:

Mrs. S. said...

Seriously-you want to come cook with me for a week? Yum!