Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Suffering Cupboards

IMG_8242

As predicted, Monday morning marked the initiation of my new Aussie Starbucks mug care of Laura!

IMG_8243

Also, probably predicted was more of my love affair with Trader Joe’s almond butter on an English muffin.

IMG_8244

Strawberries remaining from Friday night’s cheeeesefest.

IMG_8246

Because I’ve spent about a gazillion dollars on fun nights out the last couple of weeks I have forced this week’s grocery budget to suffer.  This means cupboard raiding at it’s finest.  Canned tuna to the rescue.

IMG_8250

Fully loaded tuna salad: with carrots, celery, pickles, capers, green onion, olive oil mayo, Dijon, and salt & pepper.

IMG_8251

Served with veggies rescued from the deep depths of the refrigerator and bagel chips.

IMG_8252IMG_8253

Clearly my friend Ray didn’t get the memo about me spending less money as he showed up for a coffee run mid-afternoon.  We combined the coffee visit with Chibi’s afternoon jaunt. 

Just look at that face waiting outside the doors! :)

IMG_1431

I forget what this was, but it had whip cream.  That’s all that mattered.

IMG_1432

In keeping with the Mother Hubbard’s cupboard theme, dinner was comprised of random fridge finds.

IMG_8260

The star of the show was the leftover caramelized onion cheddar turned into a grilled cheese with tomatoes.  Alongside a salad of romaine, spinach, chopped apple, and bacon…dressed with lemon juice and olive oil.

IMG_8262IMG_8263

The cheddar was a little strong but it all worked. :)

After dinner I was supposed to spend the evening trying a Yin Yoga class with my friend Matt, but we both ended up cancelling due to injuries.  He wrecked his shoulder at work and I’m deathly afraid that my blown disc is rearing it’s ugly head again…and last time yoga was one of the worst things I did.

So instead I cracked open these candies from Laura and had a cuddlefest with the pets on the sofa.

IMG_8271IMG_8270IMG_8272

Yummy gummy!!

IMG_8254

Happy Monday Wednesday everyone!

Pin It

1 comment:

Laura said...

I seriously hate the new starbucks logo, it's horrible. it hurts my eyes.

those lollies are my favorite, i love the party mix. it really is a party in a bag.