Thursday, March 31, 2011

A Rolls-Royce and Salad Rolls

IMG_8336

The horror!  I went to prepare the coffee pot last night and I was out of coffeeeeeee!  Noooooooooo!  So this morning after Chibi and I had our “business walk” around the block we hopped in the car to retrieve caffeine.

Back at home I discovered that I’m also out of a few main smoothie ingredients…but I made it work.  This orange was the star of the smoothie show.

IMG_8338

In the KA: 1/2 frozen banana, chopped navel orange, 1/4 cup oats, flax meal, chia, Dreamsicle Amazing Grass (that’s why it’s green!), 3/4 cup UVAB

IMG_8340

Today’s bigass salad was brought to you by every last item in the vegetable crisper.

IMG_8343

Romaine, broccoli, orange pepper and celery dressed with balsamic & olive oil.

IMG_8346

Topped with “bacon” and eggs.  A little bacon jam and parmesan melted nicely into the over-medium yolks.

IMG_8349

Cheese straws that taste like cheesy shortbread cookies on the side.

IMG_8342

Afternoon sweet tooth.

IMG_8341

Post-work race to get to IMAX on time.  Momentarily distracted by John Lennon’s Yellow Submarine in the museum lobby. 

IMG_1435

Whenever we are out to eat my friends never get their faces on the blog because I’m too busy drooling focusing on the food.  So I made Ray pose in the window tonight.  I know, I know…feel free to shake your head.  He did.

IMG_1441

We watched crazy cavers repel into bigass caves all over the world.  500 feet into a recently formed ice cave that could spontaneously collapse any moment?  Um, no thanks.

I’d rather eat Vietnamese food!  So off to Green Leaf it was. Yummers.

IMG_1443

The salad rolls were just as fresh and delicious as I remember…and yup, I would still gladly swim in the peanut sauce.

IMG_1444

Because we couldn’t make up our minds we opted to share a couple of dishes.  Rare Beef Pho. 

IMG_1445

Fresh, hot, flavourful and the beef was just right.

IMG_1448

Pork Vermicelli with crispy pork spring roll.

IMG_1446IMG_1447

All oh so good!  We demolished the pork plate.  I have had that dish at other Vietnamese restaurants but this one was particularly fresh, tender and tasty. 

And the best part?  I got the leftover soup and salad rolls!!  Weeeeeha!!

Good thing because my fridge is so bare I might even clean it.  Whoa.

Pin It

2 comments:

Laura said...

oh i'm starting to love pho, it's just so incredible.

Lex said...

I introduced my bf to Pho the other day and I got two thumbs up!

Viet food is HANDS DOWN my favvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvorite!!!! So I got pho and then a vermicelli dish to take home! hehe!

when I go home the girls are going to teach me how to make it!

Mmmm pho for breakfast lunch and dinner....


YUMM YES!