Wednesday, January 19, 2011

I have a project for you…

For Christmas LAST year…yes 2009…my Mom gifted me an iTunes gift card. 

IMG_5153

For Christmas this year she gave me a snazzy new iPod Touch.

IMG_4102

For some reason I registered the gift card but never used it.  I think I wanted to use it to download like 5 seasons of How I Met Your Mother but when I realized how stupid expensive it was I was put off and just never got back to it.

Anyway now that I have my glossy new Touch I feel like I need some glossy new music.  My second generation pink Nano still serves me well after years of smashing around in my gym bag and being stuffed in my sports bra…but maybe it’s time to class things up a little, no?  It’s been probably a year since I put any new music on the poor thing.

Sooooo…this is where you all come in!  My project for you is to suggest to me your “must have” songs.  I have $25 to spend so that’s around 20 songs.  Let’s see how many you all can come up with for me.

Any genre, but something with pep if you please.  These songs will generally be listened to while pumping along at the gym, cruising along in my car, or dancing around my living room in my underpants (don’t worry, my neighbours like it can’t see in).

To help you out here’s a random sampling of what you might currently find on my playlists…

  • OK Go – Here it Goes Again
  • Finger Eleven – Paralyzed
  • Muse – Supermassive Black Hole
  • Adam Lambert - Fever
  • Fall Out Boy - This Ain’t a Scene
  • B.E.P. – Imma Be
  • The White Stripes – Conquest
  • K$sha (she’s annoying as sh!t but fun to run to) – Blah Blah Blah
  • um, and you may find Hoedown Throwdown by Miley Cyrus but I swear I don’t know how that got on there!

Outside the gym I mostly listen to Modern Rock, but in the gym Pop seems to reign supreme.

My plan is to just take your suggestions and download without listening, so do me proud!  I trust you!!

And….GO!

Pin It

7 comments:

Conny Mc said...

Here's my running playlist:
Love the Way You Lie
Empire State of Mind
DJ got us falling in love
Dynamite
I like it
Telephone
Tik Tok
Club can't handle me
Billionaire
Whoa is me
Only girl in the world
Sexy back
Fire burning
Temperature
Raise you glass
Womanizer
Wavin" Flag

I find it a great mix right now!

Little B said...

DJ Got Us Fallin In Love - Usher
Firework - Katy Perry
Give A Little More - Maroon 5
Letting Go - Sean Kingston
Night Like This - Shawn Desman
Teenage Dream - Katy Perry
Who's That Chick? - Rhianna
We Speak No Americano - Yolanda Be Cool
Stereo Love - Edward Maya
OMG - Usher
Grenade - Bruno Mars
Dance In The Dark - Lady Gaga
...and my two guilty pleasures:
-Burn It To The Ground - Nickelback
&
-Somebody To Love - Justin Bieber
**don't judge...it's great for running to!

AndreaClaire said...

Most of the songs on my current play list are already listed above, but:

Just Haven't Met You Yet - Michael Buble

I never would have thought to put it in a workout mix but my brother made a list up for me and I find myself repeating this one.

Also, any upbeat Doug and the Slugs (Too Bad, Chinatown Calculation, To Be Laughing, etc.) Yes, I'm secretly a 50 year old man.

onegiantstep said...

My latest run fastest song is 'Time Of My Life' (at least that's what I think it's called) by Black Eyed Peas...seriously faster!!

OldGoogleAccount said...

Here are a few upbeat ones for you. Some of them are kind of old but they're all cool:

The Veronicas: Take me on the floor AND Hook me up

Shiny Toy Guns: Le Disko

Paul Oakenfold: Faster Kill Pussycat

Gwen Stefani: What are you waiting for

Britney: Circus

Offspring: Keep em separated

Neon trees: Animal

Crazytown: Butterfly

Rogue Traders: Watching You

Anonymous said...

Every playlist needs Good Vibrations by Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch!!

jaime said...

Don't Stop Believin' - I love the Glee version, but also Journey or Matt Nathanson (if you can find it on iTunes. I have it from a live show of his.)

Pretty much everything Matt Nathanson, Ingrid Michaelson Jack Johnson and Jason Mraz is on my iPod.

I also have a lot of Michael Jackson on my iPod - his entire "This is It" album.

4 Minutes by Madonna and Justin Timberlake.

The album "Monkey Business" by Black Eyed Peas.

Oh, and anything Kate Nash. She has some pretty funny lyrics - and mostly upbeat songs.