Sunday, August 01, 2010

Back in Town

Sorry for being MIA all weekend kids!  What I thought was just an ordinary quiet weekend ended up being quite eventful!

Friday started out pretty normal.  Coffee and breakfast while starting work for the day…

IMG_8513 IMG_8514 IMG_8516

Late morning I visited my chiropractor again for what can only be described as a torture session.  Now that we know it’s my piriformis muscle that is causing me so much pain he knows where to really hurt me.  Boooooohoooooooo!

A couple of hours later I met up with my new personal trainer (group bootcamp style training starts tomorrow…details to come) for my assessment appointment.  Sadly I’m not allowed to run so I couldn’t do the cardio portion to my best ability but I did OK at the sit-ups, push-ups, dips and step-ups.  I have a lot of work ahead of me!

Back at home, a bigass salad was on the lunch menu.  I wanted a big, healthy lunch to hold me over until Friday evening patio cocktail time.

IMG_8518

In the big silver bowl:  romaine, baby spinach, cucumber, carrots, radishes and celery…with leftover white kidney beans for protein.

IMG_8519

Dressed with the leftover All-Purpose Dressing and tossed with a bit of Wensleydale cheese at the last minute.

IMG_8523

This bigass salad was on the verge of being too big!  But I managed to conquer the whole thing…eventually.

After work I sunscreened up and went to meet friends for a drink and a bite on the fabulous Canoe Brewpub patio.  I opted for the fun and fruity White Sangria (x2)…

IMG_9968

And the Halibut Soft Tacos…

IMG_9969IMG_9970

Just appetizer sized but actually quite filling.  Very fresh tasting and their cumin creme fraiche with squeezed lime is deeeelish.

Tiff and I…

IMG_9975

Jill and Tiff.  Sexy girls.

IMG_9974

View of the sunset from our table…not a horrible way to spend a Friday evening!

IMG_9978

After we left Canoe things went a little crazy.  :)  We ended up at our favourite Friday night spot…Darcy’s Pub…Where someone started ordering shooters and it was all downhill from there.  haha.  FYI:  If you’ve never had a Bottlecap Shooter, do it!  Nom! 

There was cider…

IMG_9981

And giggling, and dancing, and a good time had by all. 

Me and Nicole…

IMG_9983

I did head home at a decent hour thanks to a ride from Jill.  As I sipped my pre-bed water I realized I was actually starving (silly tiny dinner!) so I dug into the cupboard and found some Late July cheese & crackers…

IMG_8527

And ended up finishing the night with a small bowl of Kashi Honey Almond Flax mixed with vanilla soy milk…

IMG_9986

So much for an early night in.  Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Pin It

2 comments:

Laura said...

Oh boy, your big ass salad looks delicious as per usual

ElleBee said...

How come we don't have fish tacos here in NS? You'd think we would but I've never seen them on any menus around here. They look awesome! Mmmmm.

Looks like a fun way to spend the evening!