Saturday, April 24, 2010

Garden Therapy

Yesterday afternoon went south. Bad. Fast. There were tears.

I did have a lovely dinner date with my friend Sarah over some mediocre sushi…but the photos are on my Blackberry and I’m sure you all know what a spicy tuna roll looks like.  :)

After a good night’s sleep and a couple of heated chats with my Mom, I woke up in a much better mood.  So I wrangled Arron to go have a nice greasy brunch (where I had bacon, scrambled eggs, pan fries and two pancakes I stole from him) and then took myself off to the Halifax Public Gardens to spend an hour in the sun with James Dean. (That’s my camera for those of you too lazy to click the link).

IMG_5044 IMG_5042 IMG_5046 IMG_5069 IMG_5073 IMG_5096 IMG_5102 IMG_5119 IMG_5120 IMG_5129 IMG_5161 IMG_5212 IMG_5219 IMG_5038 IMG_5140

Trust me these are much better than recounting my cup of coffee, dinner of leftovers, or boring (but sweaty!) workout.  Really.  You should thank me!

Pin It

7 comments:

Nicole said...

I love the shot third from the bottom!!!

At least you'll have these as memories of this great city when you are back in BC

Shayna said...

These pictures are beautiful! I am grateful to have seen them.

I'm sorry about all the stuff you're going through lately. It must be hard to say goodbye to Arron.

tash said...

I love the Public Gardens so much. What a great front yard I have :)

Jackie said...

Great pictures! You and James Dean work very well together :)

Kim said...

I'm jealous. I want a James Dean.

Cat said...

I'm so sorry you had a rough day, I wish there was more that I could do from wayyyy over here.

You're becoming quite good with that partner in crime of yours (James Dean)

Hang in there sweetie, and know that you're loved.

Jess said...

I really like the picture of the statue. It just captures something...hm, powerful for lack of a better word.

And I love the fact that you named your camera James Dean. He's a hot one, that's for sure. I have yet to give my baby a name. It's just...THE CAMERA that I am overly protective of. Definitely if I had a child, that'd be it haha.

Glad you're having fun exploring from behind a lens!