Monday, March 29, 2010

Sunday Dinner

So the problem with a wordless nature photo post is that I have to try to squeeze in a recap post on Mondays.  Maybe I should try not to eat anything noteworthy on Sundays…LOL. 

I attempted my little garage sale yesterday but honestly I was ill-prepared and it was freaking freezing outside. I’ll have to actually advertise and try it again when it’s a few degrees warmer.

065

Food was pretty simple throughout the day…

031035032 055058062001

After the sale, a freezing cold walk in the park, and running a couple of errands, it was time for dinner.  A dinner that required no grocery shopping!

Allison at Eat Clean Live Green posted a recipe for Sweet Potato and Black Bean Veggie Burgers earlier in the week.  I was happy to see this recipe because I had almost all ingredients on hand.

013

The only substitutions I made were carrots for the celery, and chopped almond pieces for the sunflower seeds.  Otherwise I followed her recipe.

004007

I don’t own a proper food processor, so I got to finally use the chopper attachment that goes with my Cuisinart Hand Blender.  OMG, this little thing is AWESOME!  I will now be retiring my Little Oscar as this was so much easier to use and clean.

006

Because the chopper attachment is smaller than a proper food processor I worked in two batches.  I pureed the sweet potato on it’s own, then pureed the black beans…then mixed together afterwards.  No biggie.

009

These were easy, tasty and oh so filling.  I served my patty with a bit of melted cheddar on top of toasted sourdough with mustard, spinach and kumato tomatoes

016

On the side I served up some roasted asparagus, which I just cooked right alongside the burgers…

018

Deeeelish.  I saved one patty out for a leftover meal and had four more for the freezer.  Thanks Allison!  Those of you participating in Lynn’s “go veggie” challenge should totally give this a whirl.

Pin It

7 comments:

Emily said...

Mmm those burgers look good!

We are supposed to get 16 degree sunny weather this long weekend coming up. So that's good news for your garage sale :)

Anonymous said...

Ohhh those look yummy, I can't wait to try them! I had my regular black bean burgers planned for this week so that works out well and I'll just use her recipe instead.

Lex said...

yummy! Those look delish

Katie said...

Looks delicious!

I <3 my Cuisinart Hand Blender!!!

Alison Fay said...

Yummy! The asparagus looks fantastic, too!

Natalie said...

What an interesting recipe. Must try it!

Anonymous said...

I really love the attachable food processors on hand blenders, they make the perfect amount for one or two people. Genius idea.