Sunday, January 31, 2010

Yoga a la Booty Camp

So I totally forgot to mention that I did a little more Booty Camp DVD action on Friday before heading off for girl’s night.

I actually plugged the DVD into my desktop computer and rolled my yoga mat out in my office to do my workout. I was pressed for time…but I wanted to get something done, so the DVD was a great option. 

IMG_1462

Tasha gave the Serenity Stretch yoga practice a great review so I definitely wanted to give that a go…but first I did the Booty Booster again.  Apparently I’m a glutton for punishment because my calves were still super stiff from trying that session on Wednesday!  But doing it again, it was a teeny bit easier.  Burn tushie burn!!! 

The yoga session is about half an hour long and by the time I got to it I was running late so I only did about half…but I liked what I did.  Lots of simple yet effective sun salutations and Sammie’s voice is quite soothing and easy to follow (the only note I would make is that they don’t really spend much time describing the poses so if you are a beginner you would really have to be sure watch the screen…I was going more by voice because it’s hard to watch and perform the poses at the same time).

The yoga totally kept me limber after the booty session though.  Definitely will work on doing them both at the same time in the future.  Yay!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This morning we headed out relatively early to meet friends for Sunday breakfast at Athen’s.  Can’t go a whole weekend without some bacon and eggs!  :)

My usual scrambled eggs, bacon, multigrain toast and pan fries (they changed their breakfast potatoes again…they are better now)…

119 121

With a pancake stolen from FH…

123

Camille enjoyed her chocolate chip pancake!  :)

122

I also brought along some cupcakes for Mark, Coco and Camille…

114

Red Velvet, Black & White, and Root Beer Float!!

111

Obviously Camille totally wanted the Float!  :)

126124

The rest of today consists of baking the cookies for the Bake Sale for Haiti, cleaning my office, looking for a pork roast recipe, and hitting up the 5pm warm yoga class.  I love Sunday.

What are you doing to relax this weekend?

Pin It

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am always so jealous of your weekend brunch dates :)

Freak for Fitness said...

The yoga booty camp is something i've always wanted to try. I think my next stop on the internet is Amazon.com!

Natalie said...

Nice cupcakes! That sounds like a pick up line. LOL....

I'm having a nap today. That's my big R and R! I love naps :D

Anonymous said...

those cupcakes look delicious - Red Velvet is my fav!

I keep hearing about these Booty Camp DVD's on different blogs - they sound like quite the workout - would you recommend them?

Anonymous said...

I tried out the Booty Camp yoga on Saturday and it was a great stretch. But you're right, not a lot of instruction if you're a newbie.

How was your warm yoga last night?