Thursday, October 29, 2009

The One Where I Created a Game

A game called…

“Stump the Chiropractor!”

Today I got to tell him about how the stabbing pain in my shoulder/neck/arm has returned.  Same thing I had last year…except it’s ventured to my left side.  Ya-ya, we know it’s a compressed nerve.  We know it’s from my neck.  We know after $1100 worth of chiro and massage last year it got marginally better…good enough that it didn’t bring tears to my eyes or cause me to gasp at the slightest wrong move.  But it was never fixed.  And now we get to try to figure it out all over again!

He was not excited.  Nor was I.

(…and before anyone offers up advice…yes, I am planning to get an x-ray…yes, I’ve seen a sports med doctor…after I get the x-ray she may refer me for physio…and I want to try accupuncture.  unfortunately all of these things cost money and our extended medical covers very little in the scheme of things…so I have to take things one step at a time…)

When I got home I enjoyed this smoothie in a bottle to hold me over for a late dinner…

019

Had to do some extra work this evening to make up for taking off for my run and my appointment.

Then enjoyed my leftovers from last night’s Keg dinner.  nom nom nom. 

020

Chicken Oscar:  butterflied chicken breast, scallops, shrimp and asparagus in bearnaise sauce… with garlic masher taters.

022 024

Served up with a small head of steamed broccoli for some veggie love to counteract all that buttery goodness…

023

Tonight was dedicated to baking off the cookies for Halloween treats I plan to decorate tomorrow and share with friends this weekend. 

038

They don’t look like much right now, but just you wait and see!

As soon as the last batch cools, I’m off to bed to read.  Early like a good little girl.  :)  A couple of you asked what I’m reading…currently just some fluff…

 

But I have two new Charlaine Harris (non-Sookie) books waiting in the wings!

Pin It

8 comments:

Paige @ RAN said...

Eek! So sorry about your shoulder pain. Hopefully he can figure out what is causing it ASAP!

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the books :)

Bec said...

sorry about your shoulder, hope the cookies make you feel a bit better, they look really yummy!

Vanessa said...

Oh geez. I hope you can come up with a permanent solution for the pain! :(

Laura said...

Injuries like that are the worse. At one point my husband was seeing a Chinese medicine doctor, a sports doc, massage, physio etc. (that goodness for health spending accounts!) all to try to figure his shoulder issues out. They are stumped.
Chicken Oscar is the best...

JavaChick said...

Poor Jaime! I hope you get the shoulder/neck/arm issues figured out soon!

I keep seeing the boxed sets of Charlaine Harris books at Coles and wondering if I should pick it up...

Jaime said...

Thanks for the well wishes everyone. From your lips to God's ears!!

Kim said...

Acupuncture... what a great idea! I hope something works, and SOON!