Friday, October 30, 2009

Fresh Friday

I have a REAL coffee and my desk is TIDY and CLEAN.  Happy Friday to me! 

This morning’s coffee brought to you by a trip to Starbucks because I forgot to buy coffee yesterday.  Oh darn!  :) 

Grande Half-Sweet Non-Fat Pumpkin Spice Bold Misto - (tis not half-caf but I’m only having one coffee today, so I splurged!)

021

For Shirlstranslation: coffee with a couple squirts of pumpkin spice syrup topped with steamed non-fat milk.  I often prefer a misto over a latte for a couple of reasons…

  1. less milk (only about 1/4 cup) means less calories
  2. less milk lets me actually taste the coffee
  3. it’s cheaper.  :)  $3.33 for this drink vs. $5ish for a PS latte

You might ask “why not just add milk after the fact?”.  You’ll just have to trust me that steamed milk makes all the difference, plus you still get a little foam action on top. 

022

Enjoyed with some Yogurt-Zucchini Bread

030

And then *drum roll please* I cleaned my desk.  It had gotten ridiculously out of hand.  No wonder I am unmotivated to get any work done. 

Before:

025

After:

026

Now I can rock out some work and go into the weekend feeling on top of my game!

Pin It

12 comments:

Vanessa said...

Desk looks awesome :D

Amber said...

Cheaper, hey. You've sold me. I'll be getting a misto rather than a latte next time.

Hehe, I see Facebook up in one desk pic and Tweetdeck in the other :D

H-woman said...

Gorgeous before and after shots! If I wasn't so completely embarrassed by the current state of my kitchen, I would do the same.

Although I know that I will feel more settled when it's done.

Happy Friday!
H =)

Anonymous said...

Love the desk!

Dani @ PFL said...

I have GOT to make some of that bread!

Jess said...

I've been a lurker for months and months! I have to say your blog is one of the blogs I always look forward to reading. I love when you call your blogs 'The one where..' love it:)
Finally decided to say HI! You rock and keep doing blogs because you are amazing at it:)

Much love,
Jess
xoxo

Anonymous said...

I'm not much of a housekeeper, myself, but when I was working, I was OBSESSIVE about keeping my desk clean! Otherwise I couldn't function at all.

Shirls said...

thanks sweet cheeks! I will have to try a misto to compare. I know not all will agree but Second Cup > Starbucks Pumpkin Spice, hands down ;0)

Jaime said...

Thanks everyone!

Shirls: I bet your are right! Second Cup wasn't popular back home but there's one in the mall here that I like. Their regular coffees are always awesome!

Jess: Thanks for speaking up! I follow you on Twitter and pop by your YouTube often too. :)

Lainey: I used to be soooo diligent about a clean home office and up to date filing until I started working at home. At the end of a work day the last thing I want to do is spend more time in here!

Kim said...

woohoo! look at that desk! it's so clean it's SHINING!

Anonymous said...

Love a clean workspace. I have to be organized at my desk or I never get anything done. :)

Fatinah said...

I might have to try a misto!