Monday, September 28, 2009

CIBC Run for the Cure

So a couple of months ago I signed up for the Run for the Cure.  I had just recently finished an incredibly successful Relay for Life AND supported FH during the Father’s Day Walk for Prostate Cancer and was jazzed to take on another important cause.

However…

I just don’t have it in me.  The Run is now just a few short days away and I have done NOTHING.  After all of the support from my family, friends, coworkers and blog buddies while I fundraised like a mad woman for the Relay I can not bring myself to harass these same people for donations yet again. 

It’s a sad excuse really, and I feel awful…but I am not going to participate. 

I am going to support one of my favorite Halibloggers though!!  Miss Lex is still taking part in the Run so I’m sending a little donation love her way.  (Buying away my guilt?  Maybe.  But it’s still a good donation for a great cause!)

From Lex:

“~Because who's to say it won't be you or me someday...~

I have been wanting to do this run (walk) for several years. My grandmother is a breast cancer survivor and with that comes a lot of awareness for me. I will be walking for all of the women fighting this and all of the survivors out there!

Any donations are greatly appreciated! I urge all women to do regular breast self exams and be breast-aware.

xox Lex”

So if reading this makes you feel like pulling out your wallet and offering up a little something, please think about supporting our girl Lex!  (Her donation page can be found here.)

Pin It

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not going to be running either. I have way too much going on right now :(

OldGoogleAccount said...

Don't feel too badly Jaime. It's great that you are sponsoring your friend. I know what it is like to not want to overtax your friends with requests for donations. It's perfectly understandable.

Angela Power said...

Posting this post is definitely a contribution to the cause ON TOP of your donation to Lex :-)

Lex said...

I heart ya so much, girl!!!!

Thanks for the support! :)